The Partners for Success initiative, founded by Dean Karen Schuster Webb, Ph.D., provides a framework from which the California School of Education delivers model teacher preparation and other professional education programs in partnership with California public school districts. Our partners include school districts in the Fresno, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and San Francisco metropolitan areas.
Holistic Education Involving the Entire Community
The fundamental concept of Partners for Success is that to facilitate student academic achievement, the educational needs of the entire learning environment must be addressed holistically. We believe that attention and appropriate intervention must be provided not only for students and teachers, but also for:
- School psychologists
- Parents and other caregivers
- Support service personnel
- The community at large
We expect our graduates to:
- Develop as competent, confident practitioners prepared to meet the educational needs of the 21st century
- Become global change agents able to foster learning communities within their chosen career environments by demonstrating broad-ranging cross-cultural competencies and professional dispositions
- Empower and coach those with whom they work
- Effectively apply theory to practice
- Serve as leaders and advocates for their students, their colleagues, their communities and their professions
Partner with Us for Education’s Sake
We are always looking for new partners who share our vision. To request a list of partners or to begin a dialogue with the California School of Education about becoming involved with Partners for Success, contact Dr. Preetha Ram, Executive Dean, at email@example.com.
Teach California Partnership
As California continues to face a shortage of special education, mathematics and science teachers, the California School of Education is proud to be partnering with TEACH California to alleviate the situation.
A Rich Career Resource for California Educators
TEACH California is a rich, web-based resource for individuals seeking new or enhanced careers in education, offering:
- Complete explanation of the teacher preparation process in an interactive game-show format
- Individualized career pathways for prospective teachers
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- Job search assistance
- Salary and benefits information
- Video interviews of teachers working in different settings
- Sample lesson plans
- Links to important resources
- Free brochures
- Outreach materials
- A searchable database of teacher preparation programs and high/school community college programs that provide early teaching experiences
If Teaching is Your Future…
TEACH California will help you decide if teaching is the right career for you. Log onto www.teachcalifornia.org now and start exploring. If you decide to pursue a future in teaching:
- California School of Education’s TeachersCHOICE Teacher Preparation Programs offer some of the state’s leading credentialing programs for regular and special education teacher interns.