Teacher Licensure


Teacher Licensure Admissions Requirements


Our admissions team is dedicated to guiding you throughout each step of your educational journey. As you navigate the inquiry, application, decision, and enrollment process, please know that our admissions counselors are here to help — If you have any questions, please contact us to request more information and a knowledgable Admissions Counselor will be happy to assist you.



What will your impact be?


General Requirements for All Teacher Licensure Programs

It is important to provide all required documents so the Office of Admissions can process your application for admission to Alliant International University. Please check the following list to make sure you have included everything needed for admission:


  1. a

    Completed Online Application

    Prospective students must submit an online application along with a non-refundable $65 application fee.

  2. a

    Minimum Cumulative GPA

    All Teacher Licensure applicants must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.

    If your undergraduate or graduate (if applicable) GPA is below the stated requirement, you must submit a petition requesting an exemption from this academic requirement and hold the stated items below. The online application allows you to provide a statement of exception or submit additional material that would document your ability to perform in an intensive academic environment.

    1. Application
    2. Passing CBEST or equivalent
    3. Official Undergrad Transcripts
    4. 2 letters of recommendation
    5. 2-4 page essay that includes their GPA exception request statement
    6. Resume
  3. a

    Official Transcripts

    Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions attended. Applicants must possess at least a Bachelor's degree or higher from an institution of higher education that is regionally accredited in the U.S. (or its international equivalent).

    Foreign Transcript Policy

    Students who previously attended schools outside of the United States may be able to show proof of official transcript documents by providing either of the following:

    Official Transcript and internal review by designated Alliant staff.

    Third Party Review: A student may request an official evaluation of schoolwork which will be sent directly from a credible transcript evaluation service to the University. The evaluation must indicate that the document was based on an official educational record in order to be considered for transcript intake.**

    ** Students enrolling in Teacher Education programs must submit transcripts through the pre-approved entities listed on the California Commission of Teacher Credentialing portal. Alliant’s internal review is not sufficient for entry into these programs.

    Note: this policy does not pertain to potential transcript evaluation for transfer credit purposes.

    Degree Requirements for Foreign Students Enrolling in California Teaching Credential Programs

    California teaching credential program applicants whose degree is from outside the U.S. must have their transcripts evaluated prior to being admitted to the Alliant International University teaching credential program.

    To locate the most updated list of CTC-approved entities, please review visit: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=6

  4. a

    Letters of Recommendation

    Two recommendations are required for all applicants.

    Recommendations should be from references familiar with your work, your academic abilities, or your potential for scholarship and professional accomplishment. These letters can come from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships.

  5. a


    An admissions essay is required of all applicants.

    In a comprehensive 2-4 page (double-spaced) essay please address the following:

    • A brief autobiographical statement; professional aspirations; accomplishments and any relevant experience in teaching or working with children and adolescents, and/or within K-12 schools.
  6. a


    An Interview with a Program Director or Faculty may be required for students not meeting GPA requirements.


Program-Specific Requirements

The University’s admissions criteria vary from program to program and are designed to measure the qualities and capabilities required of a professional in the field to which the student is applying as reflected in an applicant’s academic ability, academic preparation, and other personal and non-academic factors.


Entry Requirements by Program

  • California Teaching Credentials: Multiple, Single, SPED

    A change or addition to a program pathway includes new curriculum, which may result in the need to take additional courses to meet requirements.

    • Passing CBEST score or CCTC-approved alternative documentation that fulfills basic skills requirement.
    • Complete a CTC Certificate of Clearance - Fingerprint processing by Live Scan (form 41-LS), if not previously completed for the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Must be valid throughout duration of credential program; a STP/PIP do not meet this requirement.


    Internship Track Teaching Credential

    Students can enroll in the internship track teaching credential with an offer letter of employment from a WASC-accredited public or charter school. If a student does not have an offer letter of employment, he or she may only register for pre-service and/or courses that are cross-listed with the student teaching track until offer letter of employment has been received.

    Early Completion (ECO) Track Teaching

    In addition to the California School of Education’s general admission requirements, ECO candidates must comply with requirements mandated by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) for acceptance into the ECO program. These requirements are meant to both support your own success in the classroom and students’ safety. 

    Alliant staff will guide you through meeting these requirements, which include:

    Multiple-subject teaching credential candidates must also provide verification they have passed the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) for Multiple Subjects (Subtests I-III) prior to beginning their intern teaching position, or obtain a multiple subject-matter equivalency letter from a CCTC-approved California university.

    Single-subject teaching credential candidates must also provide verification they have passed the subject-matter-appropriate California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) or obtain a single subject-matter equivalency letter from a CCTC-approved California university in their appropriate subject area.


  • California Teaching Credentials: Administrative Services Credential (ASC)
    • Proof of either (a) five years of successful full-time teaching experience OR (b) five years of successful full-time service experience under a valid pre-requisite credential. For either option, students may fulfill their 5th year of full-time experience or service while enrolled in the ASC program.

    • Passing CBEST score or CCTC-approved alternative documentation that fulfills basic skills requirement

    • Possess one of the following valid credentials as define below (a screenshot of CCTC’s online system showing evidence of proper credential can serve as documentation):

      • A clear or life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation including student teaching or the equivalent and holds an English learner authorization.

      • A clear or life California-designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education, or special subjects, provided the applicant possesses a baccalaureate degree and holds an English learner authorization.

      • A clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation including field work or the equivalent.


  • Arizona Teaching Certifications: Elementary, Secondary

    The following requirements must be met by the deadline indicated but are not required at the time of admissions for the Arizona Teacher Certification program.

    Offer of Employment letter: Candidates must provide an Offer of Employment letter verifying a full-time teaching position in an appropriate K-12 setting aligned with desired subject area before the start of their second enrollment term. Candidates who cannot provide an appropriate Offer of Employment letter by this time will not be allowed to register for further courses until a letter is provided.

    The following K-12 employment settings are considered appropriate:

    • Charter schools

    • Private schools

    • Public schools

    To enroll in clinical practice courses, students must provide:

    • Proof of negative TB test result

    • Passing NES/AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge score reports 

    • Passing NES/AEPA Assessment of Subject Knowledge score reports 

    • Passing US/Arizona Constitution Exam score report

    • Teaching Intern Certificate

    • Copy of IVP Fingerprint Card Clearance Card (front & back)




Apply Today

Do meaningful work that makes an impact. 

Start Your Application

mindy tran headshot

What will your impact be?

Return to Top