A Los Angeles College with Programs in Psychology
From Hollywood to Santa Monica, Los Angeles is one of the most unique and diverse cities in the U.S. Its pop culture appeal, incredible weather and bustling nightlife scene are but a few of the reasons why more than 600 students enroll in our psychology PhD programs in Los Angeles. With thousands of major businesses and medical centers in the area, there are a seemingly endless number of internships, networking events and job opportunities for our students and graduates that attend our Los Angeles college location.
Alliant International University is located just a few miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles in Alhambra.
Our psychology university in Los Angeles is home to more than 23 classrooms, an integrated computer classroom, a computer lab, a video conferencing room, study spaces, student lounges and a variety of amenities that improve the well-being of our students. If you are looking for PsyD programs in Los Angeles, our university is an excellent choice.
Los Angeles Campus Degrees
The Los Angeles campus offers the following degree programs.
- Business Degrees
- MA in Marital and Family Therapy – A master’s program that focuses on preparing students to handle the continuously changing societal suppositions towards marriage and the modern family unit. Graduates will be prepared to work with a diverse array of couples and families.
- MA in Organizational Psychology – This master’s program emphasizes the psychology underlying successful businesses and the leaders who make their mark. Once finished, our students are armed with the skills they need to be effective communicators and impactful leaders.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Los Angeles – A research-oriented program that centers around students who will one day be seeking grant research funding. It guides them through the process and equips them with the scholastic tools required to successfully attain their academic pursuits.
- PhD in Organizational Psychology – A doctoral program that seeks to first identify the barriers that separate employees, and then replace them with bridges that unite the workforce. Our mission is to create leaders who will enter their place of work and make a positive difference.
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Los Angeles – A practitioner-scholar-based doctoral program, which combines hands-on experience with practical research. Our aim is to produce capable clinical psychologists who are ready to go into their communities and be a force for change.
- PsyD in Marital and Family Therapy – A doctoral program, which dives into the evolution of the family unit and society’s understanding of marriage. Upon completion of their courses, our graduates are prepared to begin creating bridges and mending fractures in families and couples.
Our first-rate faculties are filled with passionate educators. Notable members of the Los Angeles campus include:
James Garbanati PhD, Professor – A renowned researcher, lecturer and speaker, Dr. Garbanati has been working with Alliant since 1990. From 2014-2017 he served as the program director, but recently decided to return to his true passion—teaching. His classes include research practicum, principles in research design, research in applied settings, ethics and law, history and systems, and biological aspects and behavior.
Professor Garbanati’s research has covered a wide array of psychological subject matters, though his emphasis has been on systemic analysis of mental health. This research has undergirded his work with health and mental health agencies, and his efforts to gauge their efficacy.
Susan Regas PhD, Distinguished Professor – A Distinguished Professor and Chair of the Family/Child and Couple Clinical Psychology Emphasis Area (FACE), Dr. Regas has had an illustrious academic career within the field of family psychology. Courses she teaches include family psychology, intimacy and relationship problems and treatment of sex.
In just the last decade, she has published more than 10 studies on a variety of subject matters, including relationship problems, sex and intimacy and the role therapy plays in the treatment of individuals, couples and families. She is a proud member, co-founder, and fellow for several different psychological programs in the LA area, including serving as the president-elect of APA Division 43: Society of Couple and Family Psychology.
Peter Theodore PhD, Associate Professor – A noted presenter, researcher and psychologist, Dr. Theodore serves as an associate professor and the coordinator of the Clinical Health Emphasis for Alliant. He is also a fellow of the University’s Rockway Institute, center for LGBT psychological research and public policy.
He is a licensed and practicing psychologist with an emphasis in LGBT affirmative therapy, HIV-prevention and substance abuse treatment. Much of his career has dealt with treating a variety of patients with severe mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, substance abuse, co-morbidity, trauma, sex, grief and bereavement.
The primary focus of his publications have centered on the health disparities among LGBT persons, mental health issues among LGBT youth and the risk behaviors among gay and bisexual men.
How to Get to Alliant International University of Los Angeles
Alliant International University of Los Angeles is right off the 10 freeway, in Alhambra.
Our Los Angeles Campus Address:
1000 South Fremont Avenue #5
Alhambra, CA 91803.
Our hours are:
9AM – 5PM Monday - Friday
Our contact phone number is is: (626) 284-2777