At Alliant International University, our commitment to academic excellence extends to the digital space.
To ensure that the content on our site supports our standards, we have established an editorial policy to produce accurate, relevant, and credible content. Whether it’s blogs, research papers, or video content, you can be confident all content we produce meets our rigorous editorial standards.
Promote the discovery and application of knowledge that helps improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
Our website and blog are important outlets for the distribution information. Therefore, this content must uphold our values and editorial mission.
Our editorial philosophy is rooted in honesty, transparency, and truth. We believe that by providing accurate, relevant, and credible information, we empower our students and visitors to make informed decisions and meet their education goals.
Our Editorial Philosophy
Our editorial process is guided by two philosophical tenets:
- Google E-E-A-T
- Editorial Principles
Google prioritizes E-E-A-T when determining helpful content that aligns with a user’s search intent. E-E-A-T stands for:
- Experience – Each piece is curated by someone with first-hand experience on the subject matter.
- Expertise – All content is curated by individuals with a profound understanding of the subject matter.
- Authoritativeness – Our content is backed by experts and specialists in their respective fields and thoroughly vetted for accuracy.
- Trustworthiness – Every piece seeks to provide accurate, relevant, and recent information.
We use other frameworks as part of our editorial policy, including:
- The Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing
- The NISO Recommended Practices for the Presentation and Identification of E-Journals
- Commitment to Publication Ethics (COPE)
Together, these policies and frameworks inform our editorial process and support our editorial goals: accuracy, relevant content, and credible sources.
Accuracy is the bedrock of academic integrity and is the foundation of our editorial process. Each detail of our writing is fact-checked to achieve the following goals:
- Make reasonable efforts to ensure that material facts are accurate and in context.
- Avoid presenting factual content in a materially misleading way.
To ensure that content stays accurate and up to date, we follow an iterative process that keeps content updated and accurate should facts change in the future. When new information changes, we quickly update content to ensure that it reflects the most accurate and up-to-date.
Relevance is the second framework of our editorial process. Information is most powerful when it’s timely and relevant to our students and the education community.
Whether it’s an emerging field of study, breakthrough research, or professional advice, we strive to deliver content that matters to our audiences.
Each blog, article, and piece of content is reviewed to ensure it is interesting and relevant to our readers, and contributes to their academic journey and professional growth.
We are committed to producing content that’s true and accurate. Our content is sourced from credible, authoritative sources. Additionally, for the sake of transparency and maintaining high editorial standards, we always cite these sources. This acknowledges the original author and lets readers explore the topic further if they wish.
We conduct a detailed, audited content review process that thoroughly reviews all claims and statistics to ensure we publish the most recent and accurate information. Our blogs are carefully reviewed by experts and editors to ensure accuracy, relevance, and credible sources.
Meet The Reviewers
Our skilled reviewers are proficient in both writing and our editorial standards. They are vital in delivering dependable content and ensuring that readers receive accurate information from our resources.
- Alice Bourget - Alice Bourget is an accomplished marketing writer, researcher, and strategist with extensive experience in the education and technology sectors.
- Bryan MacKay Director of Marketing - Award winning marketing executive with extensive experience building, leading, and directing integrated campaigns for national companies.
- Cielo Villaseñor Head of Communications - Cielo Villaseñor serves as the head of communications for Alliant International University which she has called home since 2016.
- David Stewart Dean, California School of Professional Psychology - David G. Stewart, Ph.D., ABPP, is a board-certified clinical child and adolescent psychologist and Dean of the California School of Professional Psychology.
- Debra M. Kawahara Interim Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs - Dr. Debra M. Kawahara is currently the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Professor at the California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University.
- Diana M. Concannon Dean and Associate Professor, California School of Forensic Studies - Diana M. Concannon, PsyD, is Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships at Alliant International University, Associate Professor at the California School of Forensic Psychology, and Director of the APA-Accredited California Psychology Internship Consortium.
- Elizabeth Quinn - Elizabeth Quinn is an independent writer and producer whose work spans theatre, podcast, film, and television mediums.
- Eric Stinson Marketing Manager - Eric Stinson is the marketing manager for the California School of Professional Psychology.
- Kathleen Weaver Asst. Director of Marketing - Kathleen Weaver is an innovative marketing leader and strategist with extensive knowledge in data management; print, social and digital advertising; lead generation; and sales enablement for B2B, B2C, and non-profit organizations.
- Kristy Pruitt Dean, California School of Education- Kristy Pruitt is the Dean of the California School of Education for Alliant International University in San Diego, California.
- Rachna Kumar Dean, California School of Management and Leadership - Dr. Rachna Kumar is a professor of information systems and technology in the School of Business at Alliant International University in San Diego.
- Sarah Garro Senior Director of Alumni Relations and Career Services - Sarah Garro is the senior director of alumni relations and career services at Alliant International University.
- Sherrie Palmieri Dean, School of Nursing Health Sciences - Dr. Sherrie Palmieri, DNP, MBA, RN, CNE, NPD-BC, has recently joined Alliant as the founding dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS).
- Stephanie Wood - Stephanie C. Wood, PhD, MHA is a licensed psychologist and Associate Dean of Training and Administration at the California School of Professional Psychology.
- Tim Weimer Dean and Professor, San Francisco Law School - Timothy P. Weimer was appointed Dean of San Francisco Law School January 2020.
- Tony Borg - Tony Borg is a seasoned business leader and marketing strategist with a proven track record of driving growth and delivering exceptional results.
- Southern, Matt. “What is Google E-E-A-T? How To Demonstrate First-Hand Experience.” Search Engine Journal. December 15, 2022. https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-e-e-a-t-how-to-demonstrate-f…. Accessed July 25, 2023.