Make Your Impact. One Family at a Time.
The California School of Professional Psychology, a pioneer in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy, offers two COAMFTE–accredited Marriage and Family Therapy graduate programs-- a Master’s Degree program, offered on-campus and online, and a PsyD Degree Program, offered at several California campuses.
Explore our programs below.
Marital and Family Therapy Degrees
Marriage, Family and Therapy (MFT) Programs
Alliant’s Marriage and Family Therapy graduate programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE). Of the more than 80 license-eligible MFT programs in California, Alliant is one of only a select few universities to hold the elite COAMFTE accreditation for our degree programs.
In addition to ensuring that you will receive a quality education, COAMFTE-accredited programs offer students several other unique benefits, including:
- Employment opportunities through the VA: All marriage and family therapists hired by the Department of Veterans Affairs must hold a COAMFTE-accredited degree.
- Loan reimbursement through the National Health Services Corps (NHSC): In exchange for two years of work in an underserved area, NHSC offers up to $50,000 in federal loan payments for marriage and family therapists with a COAMFTE-accredited degree.
- Increased licensed portability: Licensure for marriage and family therapists is issued on a state-by-state basis. Holding a degree from a COAMFTE-accredited program makes it easier to obtain licensure in a new state.
Earn your MFT degree on a schedule that works for you. We offer day, evening and executive-format classes at each campus, and make every effort to meet the needs of each cohort of students.
Our Master’s in MFT has its coursework offered completely online, and is one of only three such programs in the nation to be COAMFTE-accredited.
Our MFT programs, as with all CSPP programs, have cultural competency at its core, and we take pride in preparing culturally and linguistically qualified mental-health professionals to become agents of change in the field of psychology.
Mission and Student Outcomes
The mission of the Marriage and Family Therapy graduate programs is to provide the highest quality education, training, scholarship and service in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy. We train ethical professionals to foster the well-being of individuals, children, couples, families, organizations, and communities primarily through improving relationships. Our MFT programs specifically focus on the understanding and respect for the diversity of human relationships across different populations from a variety of multicultural, socioeconomic, international backgrounds. Students are inspired to respect multiple dimensions of human diversity, develop a mature personal and professional identity, stay current with professional knowledge and practice, and make a positive difference for clients and society.
MFT Program Goals
The Marriage and Family Therapy program goals flow directly from the four pillars of the university: Practice, Diversity, Community, and Scholarship:
- Practice: The program graduates students who are able to deliver Couple and Family Therapy professional services competently.
- Diversity: The program graduates diverse students prepared to meet the needs of diverse communities.
- Community: The program engages various communities through the application of the knowledge and skills of Couple and Family Therapy.
- Scholarship: The program contributes to both the understanding and creation of couple and family therapy scholarship.
Continuing CSPP’s Legacy of Impact
CSPP’s Marriage and Family Therapy programs have a long and storied history of faculty that have passed through its doors to guide a new generation of therapists. For the last 50 years, this program has produce some of the best marriage and family therapists and some of the most-respected thought leaders the field has seen since the program’s inception. From 1969 to today, the MFT program has worked toward making an impact one family at a time through mental health, family counseling and more.