What You Need to Know to Get Started
Following are general requirements to help you prepare to join us at Alliant. Start by completing and providing supporting documentation for the items below.
As a prospective undergraduate student, you may not know where to start. Our admissions team is available to guide you through the process.
Provide official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended:
- Official transcripts showing proof of high school completion or equivalent. Prospective students must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. In some programs, the program director will review applicants with cumulative GPA between 2.0 and 2.5.
- High school students and/or students who have earned less than 24 college units must submit an official high school transcript as well as official transcripts from all colleges attended that should be considered for transfer credit.
- Students who have earned 24 or more college units must submit an official high school graduation date, as well as official transcripts from all colleges attended that should be considered for transfer credit.
Alliant recognizes equivalent ways of meeting the high school graduation requirement.
For more information about our high school equivalency criteria, please see the Undergraduate Admissions Requirements section in our academic catalog.
Submit a personal narrative in the form of a 1-2 page essay that addresses the following prompts:
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Discuss some issue of personal, national or international concern and its importance to you.
- Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you and describe that influence.
Talk to an Admissions Counselor
Our admissions team is dedicated to providing comprehensive information about our programs, campuses, current students, faculty, and support services. We are here to answer your questions and provide the tools you need to make an informed decision about applying.
Schedule a personal appointment with one of our admissions counselors who have expertise in your field of study. You will discuss:
- Your aspirations, academic background, and career objectives
- What you are looking for in an educational partner
- How Alliant can help you achieve your goals
Submit an Application
Prospective students must submit an online application along with a $65 non-refundable application fee.
Students may apply at any time, though certain programs have deadlines for specific start dates. Contact Admissions directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 866-U-ALLIANT or 858-635-4698 for the latest information on deadlines for each program. Not all programs are offered every semester or term, so please contact admissions to verify the next available start date for your program of choice.
Upon submission of your online application, please mail all official transcripts and any required documents not uploaded with your application to the address below:
Alliant International University
Attn: Admissions Processing Center
10455 Pomerado Rd
San Diego, CA 92131
For more information about Transcript Requirements and Policies, please see this section in our Academic Catalog.
It is your responsibility to see that all transcripts reach the Admissions Processing Center by the appropriate application deadline. To meet the deadline, it is often necessary to send transcripts on which final grades have not yet been posted. If this is the case, please provide supplementary transcripts as soon as possible. If there is a delay in processing your transcript request or if it is very near the application deadline, applicants should submit photocopies of transcripts in the interim. Without a complete set of transcripts, your application will be considered incomplete.
An application will automatically be refused or rescinded without further recourse if any fraudulent, altered, or forged documents or information are submitted. The Office of Admissions may rescind an offer of admission to applicants who do not abide by any university, program, or other standards outlined in the academic catalog.
Alliant reserves the right to modify admission requirements at any time.
Undergraduate Admissions FAQs
Review the admissions requirements, housing, tuition and other information for international applicants.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Explore ways to finance your education with options like scholarships, grants and loans.
Tuition and Fees
Review the educational expenses and tuition rates for the current academic year.