University of Missouri-Kansas City: Career Psychologist
University of Missouri-Kansas City
UMKC, one of four of the University of Missouri campuses, is a doctoral research-intensive public university offering traditional and interdisciplinary programs and serving approximately 14,500 students. The University is well positioned to address the demands of the times in a dynamic city that deserves and requires the benefits that accrue from a strong public university.
The University of Missouri-Kansas City has a broad and inclusive educational mission with specific emphasis in three areas: visual and performing arts, health and life sciences, and urban affairs. UMKC’s unique profile includes the College of Arts and Sciences and Schools of Education, Nursing, Business and Public Administration, Medicine, Law, Computing and Engineering, Biological Sciences, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and the Conservatory of Music and Dance.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity and multiculturalism and strives to create a welcoming environment where faculty and staff feel valued for their contribution. The successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm for students and the University.
UMKC is seeking a Career Psychologist to develop and provide career development opportunities for undergraduate students coordinated with current Career Services Programs and Academic Advising efforts on campus.
- Develop and provide career advising, programming, and major exploration coursework for undergraduate students (UMKC and Dual Degree Program) to engage in effective decision making related to their major and career choices.
- Develop and provide Academic Advisor training regarding career development, major choice, and course selection.
- Support students’ ability to make purposeful decisions regarding personal, academic and vocational problems.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of various counseling programs, including the study skills and career exploration labs.
- Assist in the supervision and training of graduate and post-doctoral students in counseling and psychotherapy and peer counseling activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of counseling policy and procedures and the planning of future and current program activities.
- Assist in the recruitment and interview of potential staff members and recommend the employment of support staff.
- Maintain various records and reports concerning clients and program activities.
- Correspond/confer with professional colleagues, attend professional meetings and study materials that are relevant to treatment modalities, cases, programs, and educational workshops.
- Conduct research in various areas such as educational-vocational counseling.
May provide career counseling.
Direction is received from the Associate Vice Provost for University College and Undergraduate Advising.
Functional supervision may be exercised over one to two graduate teaching/research assistance and office support staff.
A Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology is necessary. One to two years of experience in counseling is desirable.
- Must be eligible for Licensure in the State of Missouri.
- Five to eight years expertise with focus in vocational/career development with close affiliations with Career Services and/or Counseling Health, & Testing Centers with undergraduate students.
- Candidate should meet qualifications necessary to receive NTT faculty designation in the School of Education at a rank appropriate to their experience and education.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. UMKC offers affordable medical and dental plans (no waiting periods), 403(b) savings plan, tuition assistance (75% of educational fees paid for enrollment at University of Missouri), and University paid long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Review of applications will start after April 17, 2014. Apply online: www.umkc.edu/jobs. It is the fundamental policy of UMKC to provide equal opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status in all education, employment and contracted activities. All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a Criminal Background Check prior to beginning employment.
Click on this link to unsubscribe from this list UNSUBSCRIBE