Bellevue Hospital Center/NYU School of Medicine: Psychologist
Bellevue Hospital Center/NYU School of Medicine
Bellevue Hospital Center/NYU School of Medicine is currently recruiting for a full time Psychologist in the Bellevue Center for Obesity & Weight Management. Responsibilities will include providing direct patient care (conducting comprehensive pre-operative psychological evaluations for patients undergoing bariatric surgery, pre- and post- operative individual and group therapy); serving as a member of a multidisciplinary team; conducting clinical supervision; completing patient charting/documentation (session notes, treatment plans, group attendance, other written reports as required); and participating in general staff meetings and case conferences, as well as training programs and seminars for trainees.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
· PhD/PsyD in Psychology
· License, in good standing, to practice in the State of New York
· Knowledge and experience conducting bariatric surgery psychosocial evaluations
· Knowledge and experience conducting time-limited, evidence-based therapy
· Experience in Health Psychology and working with patients with comorbid medical illnesses
· Experience conducting supervision
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of electronic medical record systems.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following characteristics:
· Experience in Health Psychology
· Bilingual English/Spanish
Rachel Goldman, Ph.D.
Bellevue Center for Obesity & Weight Management
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
NYU School of Medicine