Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Graduate Certificate Program
Alliant’s Graduate Certificate program in TESOL provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to begin a career teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL). Through our online TESOL program, candidates will gain advanced skills in teaching ESL/EFL quickly and conveniently from their home location, and emerge prepared to enter the TESOL education field. The TESOL graduate certificate program is available on-site in San Diego, California or 100% online.
Earn a TESOL Certificate and Credit Towards a TESOL Master’s
Individuals pursuing Alliant’s 15-unit Graduate Certificate in TESOL program may apply all 15 units towards Alliant’s 30-unit Master’s in TESOL program. The master’s program in TESOL may be completed on-site in San Diego or online. A master’s degree in TESOL opens doors to increased employment prospects and career opportunities.
- Choose between Alliant’s 100% online program or study at our San Diego campus
- 15 units (five courses)
- Full certificate program may be completed within 9-12 months
- Highly-qualified and experienced faculty
- San Diego, California
- 8-week term format with courses running year-round
Review application deadlines and our rolling admissions policy on our admissions page.
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 2-4 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience
- Official undergraduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university (degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- $65 application fee