Producing Career-Ready Graduates in Organizational Psychology
Are you seeking to make a real impact in an organization? And not necessarily from a business perspective, but from a psychological and organizational perspective?
The California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University’s Organizational Psychology programs aim to develop highly resourceful, values-based practitioners who acquire the depth and breadth of competencies required to apply theory, state-of-the-art research, and practices to real-world challenges faced by today’s global organizations. This close integration of classroom and field work gives our organizational psychology graduates unique professional preparation for, but not limited to, the following careers in business psychology and organizational psychology:
- Consulting to management and leadership
- Team development and facilitation
- Organizational assessment and design
- Human resources management
- Organizational change and development
- Diversity training
- Talent management
Throughout our California organizational psychology program curriculum, students gain valuable knowledge and experience to develop:
- Methods of enhancing quality of life for employees in the work environment
- More effective, easily consumable, training programs – and protocol to measure their results
- Ways to measure employee satisfaction and morale and their effect on productivity
- Methods of identifying key attributes and personality types required for certain positions within an organization
Read the following information to learn more about the day-to-day responsibilities of an organizational psychologist.
Accommodating Classes to Suit Your Schedule
The following business psychology courses are offered in daytime, executive, evening, and/or condensed formats (varies by campus):
- Organizational Psychology MA– Offered at the Los Angeles and San Diego campuses; online program coming soon in Fall/Early Winter 2017
- Organizational Psychology PhD– Offered at the Los Angeles and San Diego campuses
- Organizational Behavior MA– Offered at the San Francisco and Fresno campuses; online program coming soon in Fall/Early Winter 2017
- Organization Development PsyD– Offered at the San Francisco and Fresno campuses.
Students are able to access faculty expertise at different campuses, offering students the option to take some courses at other campuses.
Students have access to all Organizational Psychology faculty across the Alliant system. The faculty, as both academics and practitioners, bring practical experience to their teaching and welcome the diverse experiences and perspectives of all students. Read more about our faculty here.
Practical projects bring the coursework to life.
Field placement and internship requirements, organizational consulting centers, and on-campus events provide students with opportunities to build relationships with businesses, professionals, and experts in the field.
Through our consulting centers, students and faculty provide practical consulting services to organizations. These projects are tiered so that both recent undergraduates and mid-career professionals can build skills and enhance their professional abilities.
Diversity Consultation and Training
Issues related to globalization, multiculturalism, and diversity are integrated throughout the programs. Courses and consulting projects include fundamentals of professional ethics, diversity management and consultation, and culturally competent professional services.
Ready to Learn How You Can Make an Impact?
The California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University offers several organizational psychology degree programs in which you can make an impact in today’s organizations:
- Organizational Behavior MA
- Organization Development PsyD
- Organizational Psychology MA
- Organizational Psychology PhD
- Leadership PhD
Contact an Admissions Counselor today at 866-825-5426 to learn more about how you can take the next important step into an exciting career as an organizational psychologist.