Become a School Counselor in K-12 Schools
Interested in making an impact in a child’s life as one of California’s next school counselors?
The Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential in School Counseling online hybrid program is designed for those individuals with a master’s degree in the psychology, counseling, or education fields and who wish to pursue a career as a credentialed California school counselor in K-12 schools.
The PPS Credential in School Counseling program allows candidates to receive transfer credit for designated courses within the School Counseling curriculum by submitting evidence of previously and successfully completed graduate course equivalents and/or approved practicum hours.
PPS Credential Online Hybrid Locations
Our PPS credential program was developed with both full-time students and busy, working individuals in mind. This asynchronous online program is our way of making your dreams of becoming a school counselor or guidance counselor achievable.
Within our online PPS credential program, your home is the classroom, where you can:
- Receive lectures
- Turn in coursework
- Participate in class discussions
- Access online storage, which syncs with Google Drive
- Receive customized notifications for when class assignments are assigned or due, when a new lecture is posted
Applied Learning Experiences and Practicum
Of course, no online PPS credential program is complete without the opportunity to receive valuable, real-world experience.
Candidates must complete a minimum of 100 total hours in a practicum experience, or provide evidence of acceptable past practicum experience that may be substituted for a portion of this total.
The program culminates in a 600-hour supervised field experience that provides opportunities for the candidate to perform the functions of a school counselor in school counseling domains.
- Program completion within 2-2.5 years. Accelerated completion in as few as 18 months may be possible for some candidates.
- 100 school counseling practicum hours required. Total practicum hours may vary dependent upon each candidate’s approved experience transfers.
- 600 hours of supervised field placement in school counseling required. Candidates are responsible for securing a field placement with support and guidance from Alliant.
- Online hybrid classes make it easier for working adults to earn their degree while employed full-time.
- Low-student-to-faculty ratio and small class sizes allows students to receive more individualized attention.
- No GRE requirement.
Earn Your Master’s in School Counseling
This credential program results in the recommendation to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for the PPS Credential in School Counseling — it does not result in a master’s degree. For those interested in becoming a school counselor or school guidance counselor and who need to first earn their master’s, we encourage you to explore our Master’s in School Counseling with PPS Credential program.
Transfer Credits or Get Started on Earning Your PPS in School Counseling Today
Take the next step toward a rewarding career in school counseling today. To learn more about our PPS Credential in School Counseling, contact an Alliant Admission Counselor today at 1-866-825-5426.