Anxiety, stress, resilience and coping; complementary health practices; applied psychophysiology and biofeedback; trauma psychology; LGB psychology; transgender health; immigration psychology; cross-cultural assessment; trans-theoretical approaches to child and adult treatment.
Alliant International University has a notable history of distinguished faculty who are thought leaders and innovators in their fields. Each and every member of the Alliant faculty strives to continue this legacy while preparing their students to join their ranks as leaders in their field.
Note: This faculty member has not yet completed their bio.
- Formacao de Psicologo, Faculdade Maria Thereza (Brazil)
- M.S., Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University
- Licenciatura em Psicologia, Faculdade Maria Thereza (Brazil)
- Advanced Psychopathology
- LGBT People of Color Issues
- Art Therapy in Diverse Contexts
- Integrative Case Conceptualization
- Advanced Studies in Lesbian Issues
- Intercultural Processes
- Child Therapy in Diverse Contexts
Magalhaes, C., Montgomery, D., Magalhaes, E., & Ngin, J. (2014). Physiological monitoring and biofeedback-assisted relaxation training for panic disorder in a case of complex developmental trauma. Clinical Case Studies, 13(3), 231-249. doi:10.1177/1534650113507745
Magalhaes, C., Magalhaes, E., Noblitt, R., & Lewis, J. (2012). The development and reliability of a Brazilian-Portuguese version of the MCMI-III. Psychological Reports, 110(3), 991-10001. doi: 10.2466/09.03.08.PR0.110.3.991-1001
Katz, D., & Magalhaes, C. (May 2010). Current controversies in transgender psychology: Increasing diversity awareness. The California Psychologist, 43(3), 10-13.
Magalhaes, C., Magalhaes, E., & Lewis, J. (2010). The Brazilian-Portuguese MCMI-III: Diagnostic validity of the alcohol dependence and drug dependence scales. Procedia Social and Behavioural Sciences, 5, 1482-1489.