Anxiety, stress, resilience and coping; complementary health practices; applied psychophysiology and biofeedback; trauma psychology; LGB psychology; transgender health; immigration psychology; cross-cultural assessment; trans-theoretical approaches to child and adult treatment.
- Formacao de Psicologo, Faculdade Maria Thereza (Brazil)
- M.S., Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University
- Licenciatura em Psicologia, Faculdade Maria Thereza (Brazil)
- Advanced Psychopathology
- LGBT People of Color Issues
- Art Therapy in Diverse Contexts
- Integrative Case Conceptualization
- Advanced Studies in Lesbian Issues
- Intercultural Processes
- Child Therapy in Diverse Contexts
Magalhaes, C., Montgomery, D., Magalhaes, E., & Ngin, J. (2014). Physiological monitoring and biofeedback-assisted relaxation training for panic disorder in a case of complex developmental trauma. Clinical Case Studies, 13(3), 231-249. doi:10.1177/1534650113507745
Magalhaes, C., Magalhaes, E., Noblitt, R., & Lewis, J. (2012). The development and reliability of a Brazilian-Portuguese version of the MCMI-III. Psychological Reports, 110(3), 991-10001. doi: 10.2466/09.03.08.PR0.110.3.991-1001
Katz, D., & Magalhaes, C. (May 2010). Current controversies in transgender psychology: Increasing diversity awareness. The California Psychologist, 43(3), 10-13.
Magalhaes, C., Magalhaes, E., & Lewis, J. (2010). The Brazilian-Portuguese MCMI-III: Diagnostic validity of the alcohol dependence and drug dependence scales. Procedia Social and Behavioural Sciences, 5, 1482-1489.