The School of Nursing and Health Sciences has joined the Alliant International University network of professional practice schools including the California School of Professional Psychology and the California School of Education. The Phoenix campus is the eighth Alliant campus, joining locations like San Diego, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, CA.
Regional accreditation is from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), and the program curriculum aligns with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials.
Candidates must submit documents at least thirty days before the starting trimester.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts: 3.0 GPA on HS and/or College transcripts
- HESI exam transcripts with minimum passing scores
Complete the application form using our online application portal. Remember to;
- Select the term for which you want to start.
- Provide your full legal name; you will be given the option to provide a preferred name later in the process.
- List any legal name variations (i.e., maiden) to avoid delays in processing.
- Pay a $65 application fee.
Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended to be submitted. Submitted transcripts must show completed credits for admissions to consider whether general education or pre-requisite requirements have been fulfilled. Please provide official proof of one of the following;
- High school transcripts
- Successful completion of the General Education Development test (GED)
- Verification of graduation from an Associate degree or higher program from a regionally accredited college or university
- MSN-DE only: Official transcript from a regionally accredited institution showing proof of undergraduate degree conferment in any field other than nursing.
Grade point average requirements are a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from high school, previous college credits (12-semester credits minimum), or a minimum score of 165 on GED.
Please submit the transcript of the HESI exam with minimum passing scores as follows:
- Vocabulary: 78%
- Reading: 78%
- Biology: 72%
- Anatomy and Physiology: 72%
Pre-Nursing Screening Admission Requirements
Accepted students can be conditionally admitted for screening requirements. Students must submit evidence that screens have been ordered or are in process through Complio by the first day of the month before starting classes.
The following screenings must be completed in Complio and successfully passed by the deadlines outlined to start class:
- Drug Screening
- Fingerprinting per state requirements
- Background screening per national and/or state requirements
Pre-Nursing Clinical Requirements
Students admitted into the BSN program and taking general education courses must meet all clinical requirements submitted to Complio by the first day of the month before the anticipated start of the semester of the core nursing program.
- Health insurance
- History and Physical form
- Immunization records
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification
- Other as required
BSN Course Credits and Cost
The program consists of 120 credits including 73 nursing credits and 47 general ed credits. Courses consist of 46 didactic credits, 9 lab credits, and 18 clinical credits.
If you have no previous college credits, your program will take eight trimesters over two years and nine months. If you’ve fulfilled your general education requirements, the program will be taught over six trimesters and will take two years to complete.
Cost (2024 Academic Year)
$567/unit at 120 units is approximately $68,040 (Not including books, materials, and fees).
MSN-DE Course Credits and Cost
The program consists of 78 units consisting of 53 didactic credits, 7 skilled laboratory credits, and 18 clinical credits.
The master of nursing program requires 78 credits over six trimesters or two years.
Cost (2024 Academic Year)
$860/unit at 78 units is approximately $67,080 (Not including books, materials, and fees).
“At Alliant, we are proud of our role as one of the nation’s leading preparers of professional psychologists. Launching the School of Nursing and Health Sciences seemed a logical next step. These new programs will aid in our mission to bridge the gap between mental and physical health—We believe they are both equally important and inextricably linked.”
—Andy Vaughn, President and CEO of the Alliant International University System