Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Introduction to Special Education: Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Clinical Practice I: K-12 Special Education
- Curriculum and Instruction for Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Clinical Practice II: K-12 Special Education
- Teaching the English Language and Diverse Learner in the Special Education Setting
- Clinical Practice III: K-12 Special Education (Student Teachers)
- Positive Behavior Support
- Clinical Practice IV: K-12 Special Education
- Assessment and Evaluation for Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Technology in the Curriculum
- Practicum/Curriculum Project
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.