Giving Back to Your Community
As a graduate student at California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP), you'll have the opportunity to increase your skills and knowledge by providing service to the community. As a student in the clinical psychology doctoral programs at the Fresno campus, you’ll have many opportunities to grow in your profession as you provide crucial services to under-served populations at the W. Gary Cannon Psychological Services Center (PSC).
You are required to complete a full-time internship at an APA accredited site and should expect to complete their internship requirements in their fifth year of training.
About the W. Gary Cannon Psychological Services Center
The PSC of Fresno is a mental health agency operated by Alliant International University. The PSC is closely affiliated with CSPP and shares its guiding philosophy of serving community needs in innovative and responsive ways. The PSC was created in 1985 and has been serving the needs of communities in Fresno and the San Joaquin Valley for over 25 years. The PSC collaborates with local governmental agencies, school districts, justice systems and agencies to ensure the best care for the people of the San Joaquin Valley.
Low-Cost Mental Health Services
- Sliding-scale fee based on your income
- Operated by located at CSPP at Alliant International University
5130 East Clinton Way
Fresno, CA 93727
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information or to schedule an appointment call (559) 253-2277.
Issues that are addressed:
- Depression and anxiety
- Mental illness
- Career satisfaction
- Trauma and abuse
- Crisis intervention
- Grief and loss
- Compulsive behavior
- Eating disorders
- Chronic illness and pain
Mental Health Services
- All therapists are doctoral level and every trainee is supervised by a licensed psychologist.
Individual, Family and Couple Treatment
- Children: play therapy; behavior modification
- Adolescents: adjustment; short-term and long-term therapy
- Adults: time-limited brief therapy; long-term personal growth
- Families: divorce and separation; parenting and co-parenting skills
- Couples: improve communication; facilitate decision-making
- Parenting group
- Victims of sexual assault – ongoing, open format
- Batterer’s intervention program – by court referral only
- Sex offender treatment program – by court referral only
- Juvenile forensic assessment
- Court and probation referred
- Treatment and placement recommendations
- Risk assessments
- Educational assessment
- Learning disabilities
- Disability assessment
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – by attorney referral only
- General clinical assessment
- Assist in treatment planning
Notice of Privacy Practices
Click here to view the notice of privacy practices (.pdf) for the Fresno PSC.