Gain Clinical Skills, Meet Critical Needs
Direct service to the community is an important component of every graduate student's learning experience at the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP). Students in the clinical psychology doctoral programs at the Fresno campus have exceptional opportunities to gain practical skills as they provide crucial services to under-served populations at the W. Gary Cannon Psychological Services Center.
All students are required to complete a full-time internship at an APA accredited site. Students should expect to complete their internship requirements in their 5th year of training.
W. Gary Cannon Psychological Services Center (PSC)
The W. Gary Cannon Psychological Service Center (PSC) of Fresno is a mental health agency operated by Alliant International University. The PSC is closely affiliated with the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant and shares its guiding philosophy of serving community needs in innovative and responsive ways. The PSC was created in 1985 and has been serving the needs of communities in Fresno and the San Joaquin Valley for over 25 years. The PSC collaborates with local governmental agencies, school districts, justice systems and agencies to ensure the best care for the people of the San Joaquin Valley.
Low-Cost Mental Health Services
- Sliding-scale fee based on your income
- Operated by the Alliant International University and located at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University
5130 East Clinton Way
Fresno, CA 93727
For more information or to schedule an appointment call 559-253-2277.
Issues we address:
- Depression and anxiety
- Mental illness
- Career satisfaction
- Trauma and abuse
- Crisis intervention
- Grief and loss
- Compulsive behavior
- Eating disorders
- Chronic illness and pain
Mental Health Services
- All therapists are doctoral level and every trainee is supervised by a licensed psychologist.
Individual, Family and Couple Treatment
- Children: Play therapy; Behavior modification
- Adolescents: Adjustment; Short-term and long-term therapy
- Adults: Time-limited brief therapy; Long-term personal growth
- Families: Divorce and separation; Parenting/co-parenting skills
- Couples: Improve communication; Facilitate decision-making
- Parenting Group
- Victims of Sexual Assault – Ongoing, open format
- Batterer’s Intervention Program – By court referral only
- Sex Offender Treatment Program – By court referral only
- Juvenile Forensic Assessment
- Court and Probation referred
- Treatment and placement recommendations
- Risk assessments
- Educational Assessment
- Learning disabilities
- Disability Assessment
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- By attorney referral only
- General Clinical Assessment
- Assist in treatment planning
Notice of Privacy Practices
Click here to view the Notice of Privacy Practices (.pdf) for the Fresno PSC.