Open Search
Open Navigation
student raising hand in class

Teaching English

Make a difference in the lives of English learners.


Need additional help or information?

Request Info

Bilingual Authorization

male teacher helping student at computer

If you’re proficient in Spanish or Mandarin and want to teach in a dual immersion environment or bilingual classroom, this three-term, nine-unit program will prepare you to provide instruction to English learners. A bilingual authorization will prepare you to guide, instruct and address the needs of English language learners in a wide variety of settings.


Certificate in California Teachers of English Learners (CTEL), Leading to CLAD Certificate


If you are looking to earn your cross-cultural language and academic development (CLAD) certification, this CTEL certification program will provide you with all the necessary education you need for a successful career as an English teacher. Diversity and multiculturalism are at the core of each of our CLAD teaching credential programs. 


Meet Your Program Director

ken kelch
Director, Int. Lang. Ed. and CTEL
California School of Education
pass led us here

Start on your path to impact today.