Meet our Alumni
- Pat Brown, Governor of California (1959 – 1967)
- Leo T. McCarthy, Lieutenant Governor of California (1983 – 1995)
- Joseph Salgado, former Undersecretary of the United States Department of Energy
- P. Terry Anderlini, Director, Alliant International University Board of Directors, past president of the California State Bar and president of the San Francisco Law School Board of Directors
- Thomas Broome, past president of the National Bar Association
- Charles Garry, a prominent civil rights attorney in the 1960s and 1970s
- Wayne M. Collins, a civil rights attorney who fought Japanese internment during WWII, arguing in front of the US Supreme Court in 1944
- Hon. Dorothy von Beroldingen, a San Francisco attorney, judge, and equal rights activist
- Denise Merrill, Connecticut Secretary of State and a former member of the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Milton Marks, former California State Senator
- Hon. Lynn O'Malley Taylor, the first woman elected to the court in Marin County and 2019 Marin County Women’s Hall of Fame Inductee
- Hon. Marilyn Pestarino Zecher, the first female Superior Court judge in Santa Clara County, appointed in 1975
- Hon. Betty Lamoreaux, the first female superior court judge in Orange County
- Hon. Philip Moscone, former deputy city attorney for the Office of the City Attorney of San Francisco and former judge for the Superior Court of San Francisco CountyHon.
- Bonnie Sabraw, named “Mediator of the Year” in 2014 by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
Richard Tan, in competition with teams from some of the top law schools in the country, won the Best Brief award in the 30th Annual Criminal Procedure/National Moot Court Tournament.
When asked why he decided to pursue his JD at SFLS after graduating from Stanford University, he said:, "A few years before going to law school, a criminal defense attorney recommended I read Streetfighter in the Courtroom by Charles Garry, an SFLS alumnus. I was inspired by Garry’s accounts of fighting the House Unamerican Activities Committee in the 1950s; defending Huey P. Newton in his murder trial in 1967; serving as chief counsel for the Black Panthers; and defending the Oakland Seven when they were targeted for protesting the Vietnam War in 1969."
San Francisco Law School Alumni Association
The SFLS Alumni Association supports our tradition of educational excellence by strengthening the relationships among alumni, faculty, and students, and helping develop and improve law school resources. The Association provides social, educational, and professional support for alumni and students.
Join our community on Facebook. You can share your professional and personal accomplishments, connect with former classmates, and keep informed about new ways to support SFLS.
- Natalia Malyshkina, President
- David Brons, Vice-President
- Nichole Santiago, Treasurer
- Matt Morrison, Secretary
- Ian Barclay
- Richard Curry
- Victoria Curtis
- Marc Santamaria
- Carl Ho
- James Maher
San Francisco Law School Alumni Awards & Recipients Hall of Fame Inductees:
|1998||Arthur T. Bridgett (’36)||2002||Geoffrey Brown (’70)|
|1998||Senator Milton Marks (’49)||2003||Faye Lee (’91)|
|1998||Robert Crown (’51)||2004||Everett Shapiro (’66)|
|1998||Marvin E. Lewis (’29)||2005||Terry Anderlini (’69)|
|1999||Leo T. McCarthy (’61)||2007||Daniel Lanahan (’69)|
|1999||Felix Stuckey (’72)||2008||Terry Anderlini (’69)|
|2000||Nathan Cohn (’47)||2010||Paula Kamena (’82)|
|2000||Hon. Lynn O’Malley Taylor (’72)||2011||Hon. Marilyn Pestarino Zecher (’57)|
|2001||LeRoy Hersh (’55)|