Below is a list of materials and requirements you will need for your application and admission to our Arizona teaching certification programs.
If you have any questions, our expert admissions staff is here to help guide you through the process—feel free to reach out and give us a call at (866) 679-3032.
- Completed online application (fee: $65)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an international institution officially recognized by that country. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an Arizona Department of Education approved evaluator
- Official transcripts from degree granting institutions where a bachelor’s degree (and higher if applicable) was earned.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or GPA Exemption Petition
- Low GPA applicants need to complete the following:
- Submit a GPA Exemption Petition
- Schedule an interview with the Program Director or Assistant Program Director
- Copy of IVP Fingerprint Card Clearance Card (front & back) or AZ DPS fingerprint application
Requirements Prior to the End of the First Term
- Copy of the IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card (front & back) if not provided at the time of admissions application
- Documentation indicating a negative TB result
- Proof of meeting Basic Skills Requirements - Passing NES/AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge score reports
- US/Arizona Constitution Exam
- Alternative Teaching Certificate (ATC) – students must disclose if they’ve received an ATC in the past or have requested an ATC extension
- Verification of employment as Teacher of Record (0.6 FTE) with an approved Alliant MOU that aligns with your area of study
Students who do not meet these Arizona Department of Education for Alternative Pathway requirements by the end of their first term of enrollment will be required to take an academic absence until all requirements have been met.
Elementary Teacher Certification
This program is for those who want to become an elementary-school teacher.
Secondary Teacher Certification
This program is for those who want to become a middle-school or high-school teacher.