Dr. Rachna Kumar is a professor of information systems and technology in the School of Business at Alliant International University in San Diego.
Dr. Kumar teaches courses in the Electronic Commerce, Database, and Business Intelligence areas. She specializes in transfer of information systems skills in bi-national contexts, computer mediated technology and remote work environments, drivers of innovation in organizations and online education. She has published more than 50 publications and articles in these areas in reputed journals and conferences. She has consulted for several firms in U.S., Mexico, Turkey and India and is an active member of the academic community as journal reviewer, as member of advisory panels, and as member of editorial boards.
Dr. Kumar has experience in several funded programs and grants. She was also Co-Project Leader on a grant Software Process Improvement Training for Protégé EnGenius, Department of Defense, Mentor Protegé program Office, in collaboration with Booz-Allen Hamilton, and Co-Project Leader for a grant Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Training and Assessment for Protégé Delphi, Department of Defense, Mentor Protegé program Office, in collaboration with JT3 Corporation, Edwards Air Force Base. One of these projects, executed as a three way partnership, received the Nunn-Perry award for Excellence in 2006.
Dr. Kumar was also the Co-Project Leader for two grants from Consortium of North American Higher Education Colleges (CONAHEC) for transfer of information systems skills to Mexico (2003, 2004). Recently in 2011, she was the Project Leader in a 50K funded program to increase outreach to veterans aimed at recruiting them to educational degree programs. In 2012, she is the Principal Investigator on a 500K funded program to train and educate participants in the unemployed sector in San Diego County.
She has a Ph.D. in Information Systems from Stern School of Business at New York University, New York.
- Establishing trust in virtual teams
- Sustainable work design for success in outsourcing/offshoring contexts
- Impacts of technology on self-efficacy
- Transfer of technology skills to developing economies
- Technology synchronization
- Organizational perf
- PhD, Management Information Systems, MBA
- 2001 "Teacher of the Year", United States International University
- Managing Electronic Business
- Data and Information Management
- Telecommunications and Networking
- Technology and Trends
- Information Systems Application
- Marketing Information Systems
- Global Information Systems
- Database Management
- "Tightening Your Information Systems Security", Job Giant, a local San Diego newspaper, September 2000.
- "Casting Program Introduction Along Product Innovation Models," INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences) conference at Cincinnati in May 1999.
- Relationship between Information Technology Strategy and Environmental Conditions, Decisions Sciences Institute (DSI), November 1999 at New Orleans (co-authored with Sundell, Krishnamoorthy).
- "Investigating Object Based Metrics For representing Software Output Size," Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST), in the INFORMS 1997 Annual Conference, San Diego, May 1997
- "Towards a New Metric for Representing Output in Object-Based Software Development," Proceedings of The Twelfth International Conference On Information Systems, Cleveland, Dec. 16-18, 1996 (with Kauffman, R.J.).
- "The Expanded Space and Time Access of the Internet," National Conference on Excellence in Education '96, Anaheim, CA, October 1996.
- "A Contingency Perspective on Technology Transfer to Transitional Economies," The 1996 IMDA Annual National Conference on Forging Alliances in Global Markets , New Orleans, Louisiana, November 6-8, 1996 (with Levitt, C.).
- "Modeling Software Estimation Expertise: A Study in Object-Based Integrated CASE Environments," under review at Information Systems Research (ISR) in July, 1996. (With Kauffman R. J.).
- "Tools for Managing Repository Objects", a chapter in Software Engineering Economics and Declining Budgets, Geriner P. T., et al, ed., Springer-Verlag, 1994 (with Banker, R.D. and Kauffman, R.J.).
- "Dynamic Life Cycle Trajectory Metrics: Managing Development Productivity of The Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) Process", a chapter in The Handbook of Software Engineering Productivity, Keyes, J., ed., McGraw-Hill, Nov. 1993 (with Banker, R.D. and Kauffman, R.J.).
- "An Empirical Test of Object-Based Output Measurement Metrics in a Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) Environment" Journal of Management Information Systems, winter 1992 (with Banker, R.D. and Kauffman, R.J.).
- "Output Measurement Metrics in a Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) Environment: Critique, Evaluation and Proposal", Proceedings of The Twenty-Fourth Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Jan. 1991 (with Banker, R.D. and Kauffman, R.J.)
- "The Living Case: An Intelligent System For Providing Case Instruction", Proceedings of The Twelfth International Conference On Information Systems, New York, Dec. 16-18, 1991 (with Turner, J.A.).