Board certified clinical psychologist, college professor, author, and a retired U.S. Air Force psychologist. After completing a fellowship in psychopharmacology and a post-doctoral master's degree in psychopharmacology, I was able prescribed medication while serving in the military.
Working conceptual framework is psychodynamic therapy and interpersonal therapy and enjoys working with students on qualitative research related to psychological and social problems related to inequality, inequities and the Grand Challenges related to Health.
Mind Body Psychology is the major umbrella of interest which includes race related trauma, military related trauma, and unresolved childhood trauma. In addition, clinical psychopharmacology and first responder mental health have been of interest. Currently working on diversity, inclusion and exclusion topics related to the practice of medicine and academic pedagogy.
- Master of Arts, Wright State University, Applied Behavioral Science – Organizational Training and Development, Dayton, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science, Rush University- Medical Technology in Biological Sciences, Chicago, Illinois
- Keck school of Medicine, School of Public Health projected graduation date 2022, Spring
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology, Post- Doctoral Degree, Nova
- Southwestern University, Center for Psychological Studies, Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Doctor of Psychology, Wright State University, School of Professional Psychology-Clinical Psychology, Dayton, Ohio
- Licensed Psychologist, California, Active
- Licensed Psychologist, Indiana, Active
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP), Active
- American Board of Medical Psychology (ABMP), Active
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Finney, K. (2020). African American Professors in Predominantly White Institutions. The Reality of Diversity, Gender, & Skin Color: From the Living Room to the Classroom. Cognella Academic Publishing
- Finney, K. (2020). Environmental Consequences: A Discussion on Stress and Wellness. The Reality of Diversity, Gender, & Skin Color: From the Living Room to the Classroom. Cognella Academic Publishing
- Crenshaw, G & Finney, K. (2020). Conclusion and Analysis on the Reality of Racism: An American Cancer, American Original Sin. The Reality of Diversity, Gender, & Skin Color: From the Living Room to the Classroom. Cognella Academic Publishing
- Finney,K. (2018) Basic Principle of Psychopharamcology. First Edition Cengage Publications
- Finney, K. (2018) "Treating the trauma of military sexual trauma and psychopharmacology (chapter 6)." In Understanding and treating military sexual trauma, Zaleski, K: Springer.
- Zaleski, K., Araque, J., Finney, K., (2017) Empathy in Social Work, submitted to Journal of Social Work Education
- Finney, K. & Smith-Maddox, R., Smoking Cessation Drugs for the SAGE Encyclopedia of Pharmacology and Society (2016)
Abstracts and Presentations
- Finney, K (2020) DCFS BBS Training, Los Angeles County, Understanding Psychopharmacology (3CEUs)
- Finney, K (2019) Iranian-American Law Conference, Los Angeles, Cultural Competency in Family Law
- Finney, K (2019) Military and Veterans as part of the Perspectives on Native American Issues event, Panelist, Los Angeles, USC
- Finney, K (2019) LEAD Los Angeles Police Department Training, Domestic Violence
- Finney, K (2019) Marshall School of Business, Reintegration Training for Navy SEALS