Dr. Cassondra Lochard is an instructor and program director for the general education program at the California School of Management and Leadership at Alliant International University. She is also the program director to Alliant’s Pathway to College Program.
Dr. Lochard received Ph.D. in Mathematics and Science Education from the University of California, San Diego and San Diego State University (UCSD/SDSU) joint doctoral program, an M.A. in Mathematics from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and a B.S. in Mathematics from California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
Dr. Lochard’s research interests lie primarily in mathematics teacher education, ways in which college and partner primary school resources (human, capital and social) shape professional development and educational efforts. She is also interested in undergraduate mathematics education, specifically in what ways computer learning platforms, the internet, and other multimedia electronic resources can support teaching and learning.
- Mathematics Teacher Education and Development
- Computer Mediated Education
- Partnership Development
- Quantitative research
- Linear Algebra
- Number Theory and Analysis
- Lochard, C. (2017). "Observations on How Students Approach E-Mathematics Courses." Journal of the California Mathematics Project, 8(1), (pp. 29-34).
- Brown, C. & Nickerson, S. D. (2011). "Perspectives on instructor modeling in mathematics teacher education" In L. R. Wiest & T. Lamberg (Eds.), Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Meeting of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (pp. 408-416). Reno, NV: University of Nevada, Reno.
- Brown, C. & Nickerson, S. (2009). "Modeling the Collective Inquiry Process in Mathematics Teacher Education." In S. L. Swars, D. W. Stinson, & S. Lemons-Smith (Eds.), Proceedings of the thirty-first annual Meeting of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (pp. 1074¬1082). Atlanta, Georgia: Georgia State University.