Helping Students Find Their Voice.
Alliant's graduate and certification programs in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) offer current and aspiring TESOL professionals the opportunity to become global leaders in our increasingly connected world. A TESOL certification can open a variety of different doors for you in your future career. If you envision yourself working in a diverse setting and enjoy meeting new people, starting one of our TESOL graduate programs or certification courses might be the perfect opportunity for you and your future.
Explore our TESOL programs below.
TESOL Degrees & Programs Overview
Hands-On Experience Degree Programs
Are you ready to reach the far corners of the world and make a difference for English learners? Our graduate and certification programs in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) place an emphasis on hands-on training so that you’re armed with the tools you need to succeed as soon as you step off of our commencement stage. You'll get the opportunity to teach international students all over the world and make a difference as a teacher — both in and out of the classroom — with a TESOL Degree from Alliant’s California School of Education.
Become a Global Leader in TESOL Education
Alliant's TESOL program alumni contribute to educational practice and policies in the U.S. and countries around the world in teaching the English language. Settings and roles include:
- Adult education programs
- College and university-based English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) programs
- Community colleges
- ESL and vocational English programs
- Elementary and secondary schools
- English as a Foreign Language programs
- International businesses and foundations
- Fulbright Scholar appointments
- Government offices on educational policies
- TESOL-related publishers
Global Partnerships for TESOL Education
The TESOL certification and degree programs at Alliant have benefited from important partnerships both locally and internationally:
- University of California, San Diego Extension, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Program
- Universities and/or Ministries of Education in China, Oman, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Cisco Learning Institute and MEPI Grant U.S. Department of State - a three-year U.S. Department of State initiative with the Kingdom of Jordan
- Alliant-UIN (Indonesia Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University) Initiative
- Alliant-Anaheim University Retreat and Workshop Series
- Stella Grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education
Tips of the Trade: TESOL Classroom Aides
As a TESOL teacher, you can make your impact by enabling students to communicate, express, and advocate for themselves. TESOL English teachers give the gift of voice, and online resources complement classroom learning. Here are some of our favorite resources for TESOL English learners.
TESOL learners of all ages will enjoy Lanternfish, which offers vocabulary flashcards, crossword puzzles, worksheets for young learners, vocabulary-boosting videos, quizzes, phonics, and even role-playing lessons to build interview and job search skills.
Dave’s ESL Cafe
Here’s a resource for students and teachers. At Dave’s ESL Cafe, you can find TESOL jobs all over the globe, network with other teachers, and interact with English language learners. Your students will find comprehensive lessons plus student forums.
Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab
You can have fun, prepare TESOL students for everyday life in America, and help English language learners master their conversation skills with audio lessons. Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab provides audio clips and quizzes to reinforce comprehension. TESOL learners not only boost their English language comprehension, but they can also better comprehend topics that are pertinent to their lives.