Application Requirements: Certificate Programs
The application requirements listed here are applicable to the following certificate programs:
- Chemical Dependency: San Diego
- Gerontology: San Diego
- Latin American Family Therapy: Mexico City
Please see the program webpage for application instructions for the LGBT Human Services and Mental Health certificate program.
Individuals seeking admission to these graduate certificate programs and are not already matriculated students in a graduate program at Alliant International University should submit the online graduate application form and adhere to the application requirements below.
1. Online Graduate Application Form: Required for all applicants.
2. Non-refundable $65 Application Fee: Required for all applicants.
3. Resume/Curriculum Vita: Required for all applicants. Submit a current resume or curriculum vita, which includes your experience relative to the field of psychology and/or the discipline specific to the certificate program to which you are applying, including volunteer work if applicable. Please include detail regarding your educational background, as this will be evaluated in lieu of official transcripts. The program may additionally request copies of your transcripts as a supplement to your application.
4. Essay: Required for all applicants. Please submit a brief statement explaining the intention behind your desired enrollment in the certificate program, and how it will contribute to your professional development.
5. Additional Requirements for International Applicants: International applicants should review the additional requirements outlined in the Alliant International University Graduate Admissions Requirements.