There comes a point during everyone’s lives when they wonder: “Am I truly doing what I love to do?”
For many, this question is met with either a bit of an uneasy feeling or an unequivocal “no,” and studying toward a new career may feel impossible because he or she:
- already works a full-time job
- has a family and/or a household to take care of
- doesn’t have the time and energy to invest in a new career path
- or feels a combination of all the above
Advances in online education have made it possible for many people to change careers and pursue something they truly love. And because of the wealth of benefits of online education, more and more people are pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees online.
Here are a few reasons you might want to consider doing the same:
- Many Programs to Choose From – Because of the demand for online education, an increasing number of universities are offering more and more of their programs online. Therefore, whether you are interested in becoming a marriage and family therapist, working in education, or becoming a clinical psychologist, you will likely have several online programs available to you.
- Flexible Schedules – Perhaps the biggest benefit of asynchronous online education is the ability to accommodate your class schedule to fit your already busy life, both at work and at home. Whether it’s downloading the professor’s visual or audible lesson plan, completing assignments and projects, or participating in online discussions, much of your online degree can be completed at your convenience – either in the morning before work, at night after the kids go to bed, and/or on the weekends during your free time – helping to fit your education into your schedule.
- Real World Experience – Some prospective students wonder if their online degree will truly benefit them in the real world and prepare them for their future jobs. Today, many online programs also include various practicua or other real world experiences, so students are able to complete the online component of their degrees with the necessary training that’s only gained through a hands-on, in-person experience. Alliant offers fully online programs as well as hybrid degree programs at their California campus to provide students the best of both worlds.
- Increasing Technology – Again, with the increasing demand for online education, universities are competing to offer the best online experiences possible. Online classes are getting more dynamic, interactive, and more educational.
There are countless other benefits of online education that you can experience firsthand if you decide to take that next step in your career. And if you aren’t sure of what your future holds, but you are sure that it doesn’t involve what you are doing now.
Alliant International University, which offers the following online or hybrid degree programs:
- Online Masters in Applied Criminology
- Online Masters in Clinical Counseling
- Online Masters in Marital and Family Therapy
- Online Masters in Organizational Behavior
- Online Masters in Organizational Psychology
- Online Masters in School Counseling
- Online Masters in School Psychology
- Online Masters in Education: Teaching
- Online Teaching Credential Programs
- Online MAEd in Teaching English to Speaks of Other Languages
Your dream career may be waiting for you!
If you have any questions about our online degrees or about how online courses work at Alliant International University, please call 1-866-825-5426 or click the following to contact an Alliant admission counselor today.