American Psychological Association
2015 Call for Nominations
COMMITTEE ON EARLY CAREER PSYCHOLOGISTS
The Committee on Early Career Psychologists (CECP) is seeking nominations for two representatives to serve a three-year term (2016-2018):
• Represent the early career practice community in APA
• Advance, promote, and advocate for the professional interests of early career practicing psychologists in all settings
• Support early career entry and career development in a shifting marketplace
• Support the development of practice opportunities that enhance the overall health care delivery system
• Recommend initiatives and programs within APA that support the needs of early career psychologists in practice settings
• Educate early career members on issues that impact all practicing psychologists
• Ensure that early career practitioner’s interests are being represented throughout all of APA’s governance
• Establish working relationships with all practice related divisions within APA
• Maintain a working relationship with the APA Practice Organization
• Serve as the liaison to the Committee on the Advancement for Professional Practice (CAPP)
• Attend and actively participate in the APA Practice Organization’s annual State Leadership Conference
Psychology in the Public Interest Representative:
• Serves as the representative for issues of public interest, including the generation and application of psychological knowledge on CECP issues important to human well being
• Advocate for issues of relevance to early career members of diverse backgrounds, including race/ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, and ability status.
• Serve as the liaison to the Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest (BAPPI)
• Serve as a monitor to committees that report to BAPPI.
• Recommend projects that are relevant to early career psychologists working in the public interest
• Establish relationships and joint projects with the Public Interest Directorate
• Promote and support activities, projects and programs that encourage members of diverse backgrounds to join APA
Candidates must be a dues paid APA member within ten years’ receipt of their doctorate degree on January 1, 2016.
In addition, candidates must be able to attend mandatory committee meetings; one in the spring, and one in the fall. Some committee members may be asked to attend additional meetings depending on their position. Meeting expenses are reimbursed by APA. Although not reimbursed, committee members are highly encouraged to attend and participate in early career programming annually at the APA convention. The committee works extensively through listserv, email, and phone conferences. Applicants should expect to spend a minimum of 5 hours per week engaged in committee activities.
All submissions must include:
1) CECP Nomination/Leadership Form (attached)
2) Statement of Interest from the Nominee
3) Current Curriculum Vitae
4) One Letter of Recommendation
Nomination materials must be received by August 28, 2015. Applicants will be notified in mid-December.
Please submit all materials in a single document. Include your name and the name of the slate that you are applying for in the subject line (e.g. Jane Smith, Practice Representative). Email all materials to Sonja Wiggins at email@example.com
CECP seeks to represent the interests and concerns of early career psychologists throughout APA. For more information about the committee and other early career resources, please visit the APA early career website at www.apa.org/earlycareer.