Your program features courses designed to help you lead a successful classroom, these courses will cover the following key subject areas:
- Secondary Disciplinary Literacy
- Secondary Reading Instruction and Interventions
- Application of Secondary Methods
- Secondary Math Pedagogy
- Foundational Perspectives of Education
- Principles of Psychology, Child and Adolescent Development for Educators
- Fundamentals of Diversity, Inclusion, and Exceptional Learners
- Classroom Management, Engagement, and Motivation
- Content Knowledge & Instructional Practice: Differentiated Learning
- Educational Assessment
- Educational Technology
- Instructional Planning and
- Reflection & Professional Responsibility
- The Learner and the Learning Environment
If you are interested in the Secondary Education Teaching Certification please request information below.
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.