San Diego MFT Consortium
San Diego MFT Consortium was established in August 2007 to participate as a regional member of the Southern California MFT Consortium. It represents all of the MFT graduate programs in the San Diego region and San Diego County Behavioral Health mental health programs.
The San Diego MFT Consortium is housed at Alliant International University. It is the administration body for two (2) MFT educational stipend programs: CA State MFT Educational Stipend Program. The goals of the Consortium are:
- To promote the training and hiring of MFT practitioners to work in the public mental health workforce in accordance with the mission of CAMFT and the AAMFT
- To work closely with San Diego County Behavioral Health to identify local needs and opportunities in the MH workforce for MFT practitioners
- To ensure that resources provided by the MHSA MFT Stipend program are utilized to train culturally competent and recovery oriented MFTs to fill identified local needs.
- To establish selection criteria which are unique to the San Diego region that will be used to award stipends to those who are most likely to provide culturally competent and recovery oriented care to underserved populations in the San Diego region.
- To establish a Stipend Award Council which will review applications and award MFT stipends for the duration of the MHSA Stipend Program