Leadership (PhD) Curriculum Plan
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Theories of Leadership
- Foundations of Research
- Inter-disciplinary Foundations of Leadership: Psychology, Management
- Advanced Statistics 1 + 2
- Group Dynamics and Team Leadership
- Qualitative and Survey Research
- Multicultural and International Leadership
- Ethics and Leadership in Organizations
- Advanced Multivariate Statistics
- Facilitating Leadership Development in Others: Internship
- Creating Change and Innovation
- Leadership and Learning Organizations
- Core Leadership Skills: Practicum
- International Leadership Experience: Practicum
- Dissertation Research (6 required courses in total)
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.