Dr. Michael Aanavi, CSPP-Alameda, class of 1997, recently published a book entitled The Trusting Heart: Addiction, Recovery, and Intergenerational Trauma (Chiron Publications).
Dr. Scott Boyd, CSPP-LA, had four presentations accepted for the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Annual Conference 2013 held in Houston, TX in April:
- A symposium discussing an employment value proposition study he ran at Best Buy
- A symposium discussing recent research on using mobile devices to assess talent inhigh-volume applicants
- A panel discussion showcasing alternative methods for demonstrating ROI to businessleaders
- A poster presentation which assessed the measurement equivalence of tests across avariety of devices (PCs, smart phones, tablets, etc.)
Dr. Marsha Hedrick, CSPP-SF, class of 1977, is currently serving two years with the Peace Corps in Senegal West Africa doing community economic development.
Dr. Joseph L. Hernandez, CSPP-Berkeley, class of 1990, wrote the book Family Wellness Skills: Quick Assessment and Practical Interventions for the Mental Health Professional, which will be published by Norton Professional Books early in 2013.
Dr. Madeline Levine, CSPP-Berkeley, class of 1979, was recently featured in the San Francisco Chronicle in an article entitled, “Teach Your Children Well.” It shares some of Dr. Levine’s personal experiences in parenting and also talks about her new book.
Dr. Nancy Perry, CSPP-Alameda, class of 1994 wrote a book called, Adults on the Autism Spectrum Leave the Nest: Achieving Supported Independence, which was published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Dr. William Smith, CSPP-SD, has published an interesting article on internalized racism in black males who have sex with males in the American Journal of Men’s Health. Click here for the abstract and publishing information.
Dr. Reuben Vaisman-Tzachor, CSPP-LA, class of 1993, had his second novel titled, The Book of Terrorism, published by Cambridge Brick House and is available in bookstores and online at Amazon.com.
The latest book by Dr. Alice Vieira, CSPP-LA, class of 1982, Hooking-Up After 60 was a feature review in the August 2012 issue of Orange County Magazine.
Dr. Gordon Wolf, CSPP-FR, class of 1980, has written a book entitled, No More Faceplants. It deals with how one’s attachment strategy effects/creates one’s life and is based on the social psychological model of attachment theory.
CSPP has added new alumni profiles on their website. Take a look at what these three alumni have done with their degrees:
- Dr. Cesar Gonzalez (Clinical PhD, LA, ‘08)
- Dr. Jeremy Lurey (Org Psych PhD, LA ‘98)
- Dr. Christina Villarreal (Clinical PhD, SF ‘04)