The MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Offered On-ground, On-line, and Weekend-with-CPT
The MBA program at Alliant School of Management provides advanced business, management and analytical skills, and extensive practical experience in applying these skills, particularly in multicultural contexts. The MBA degree is designed to offer flexibility to students who have completed prior business courses. The program follows a cohort model, with all students taking the core curriculum courses as a cohort at the beginning of the program, followed by concentration tracks during their remaining program of study.
Learning Format and Locations: On-Ground, On-line, Weekend with CPT
The MBA program is offered on-ground in San Diego with evening classes meeting once a week for each course enrolled. San Francisco, Irvine, and Fresno are also launching on-ground cohorts. The MBA program is also offered in a fully online format.
The Weekend Executive MBA program is offered on-campus at the Alliant School of Management in San Francisco. The program will be taught in a weekend executive format with classes meeting one long weekend a month (between Friday evening to Sunday afternoon).
(For undergraduate Business Majors)
Core Courses (8 courses - 24 units)
All students take eight core courses and four concentration courses. Our core courses develop your managerial knowledge, analytical capacities, and cultural exposure:
- International Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Global Leadership
- Strategic Management
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling for Business
- Financial Management
- Technology for Managerial Decision Making
- Operations Management and Logistics
- Management In the New Age (Capstone)
For Non Business Majors
Students who do not have an undergraduate business major are required to take 2 additional courses before starting their MBA curriculum of 12 courses. The total number of courses for non business majors is 14. The 2 additional courses are noted below.
Foundation Courses (2 courses - 6 units)
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- International Economics and Trade
Concentration Options (4 courses - 12 units)
Customize your online MBA with one of our several concentration options. Our concentration programs increase your marketability with focused content in traditional, emerging, and interdisciplinary areas of study.
Concentration options include:
- Health Care Management
- International Investments Management
- International Marketing
- Information and Technology Management
- Pharmaceutical Industry Management
- Build your own option
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
CPT helps foster an experiential education model and allows students to acquire knowledge in a particular area of interest while gaining skills to apply that knowledge in a real world setting in the workplace. Students start Practical Training in their first semester and it is required that they are fully engaged in Practical Training before the end of the first two 8-week terms of their program.
A student's CPT internship or employment must relate to that student's program of study and may be paid or unpaid based on student preference.
- All courses are offered in the evening and ASM scheduling accommodates working professionals. A full course load of two courses per 8 week term requires the student to be in the classroom twice a week.
- Summer semester courses are offered in an executive hybrid format to allow students some flexibility in studying schedules.
- The program follows a cohort model, with all students taking the core curriculum courses
as a cohort at the beginning of the program, followed by concentration tracks during
their remaining program of study.
The Alliant School of Management MBA Advantage
- A distinguished history in international management education
- World class faculty
- 45,000+ successful alumni in over 100 countries
- Industry Connections and Networking Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities: internships, community service learning, personal branding workshops
- Financial aid to qualified students
- Scholarship opportunities
- Flexible course formats for working professionals
- WASC-accredited University
- SAP ERP software training
* Concentration offerings are subject to change and will be reviewed with your academic advisor.