The San Diego MBA (Master of Business Administration)
The San Diego MBA program at Alliant School of Management provides advanced business, management and analytical skills and extensive practical experience applying those skills, especially in multicultural contexts. The MBA degree is designed to offer flexibility to students who have completed prior business courses (see details below). The program follows a cohort model, with all students taking the core curriculum courses as a cohort when they start the program, followed by concentration tracks during their remaining program of study.
Students with a bachelors degree in business administration can complete the MBA program in one year, assuming a full course load in the summer semester. Students with a bachelors degree in areas other than business administration can complete the MBA program in 16 months, again assuming a full course load in the summer semester. Summer semester courses are offered in an executive hybrid format to allow students some flexibility in studying schedules. All courses are offered in the evening and ASM scheduling accommodates working professionals. A full course load requires the student to be in the classroom twice a week.
ASM Business Administration Undergraduate students can accelerate their MBA using our Direct Path program. See here for details.
San Diego MBA Curriculum
The MBA curriculum is made up of 36 units (12 courses).
For students with no Bachelors in Business Administration, Foundation Courses apply.
Core Curriculum (24 units - 8 courses)
- Cross-Cultural Management and Global Issues
- Strategic Management
- Technology and Systems Trends
- Quantitative Approaches to Management
- Management in New Age (Capstone)
- Business Law, Ethics and Values
- Option of Professional Development/Internship OR Elective
MBA Concentration (12 units - 4 courses)
Choose one of the concentrations depending on your career goals and interests:
- Information and Technology Management
- International Marketing
- NGO Management
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- International Managerial Marketing
- Managerial Finance
- International Economics
Foundation Course Waivers: If you have completed an undergraduate Business degree, or if you have applicable courses
that are approved, the 4 foundation courses can be waived. Your Admissions Counselor will be able to help you get more information on which courses we accept.
Transferring in these 4 courses means you can also finish the MBA program in 1 year (or 3 semesters: Fall, Spring and Summer), based on a full-time enrollment of 12 units (4 classes) per semester.
For students of our BSc Business Administration program, the Direct Path option is available:
- MBA Foundation courses are waived;
- Bridge courses are available for you to take in your senior year of your BSc major;
- This reduces the course requirement when you start the MBA to just 8 courses (24 units);
- You can finish the MBA in just 2 semesters as a full-time student.
If you are a current student, please talk to your academic advisor about this option
and to see if you are eligible for a Direct Path scholarship of $2,000.
For all other inquiries, please speak to an admissions counselor.
THE ALLIANT SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT MBA ADVANTAGE
- A distinguished history in international management education
- World class faculty
- 45,000+ successful alumni in over 100 countries
- Industry Connections and Networking Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities: internships, community service learning, personal branding workshops
- Financial aid to qualified students
- Scholarship opportunities
- Flexible course formats for working professionals
- WASC-accredited University
- SAP ERP software training