Welcome to Alliant Continuing Education
Alliant Continuing Education (CE) programs address current mental health issues, fulfill mandatory California Board of Psychology and California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure requirements. Courses are designed to help psychologists, marriage and family therapists, clinical counselors and clinical social workers stay ahead in their respective professional environments.
Courses are delivered online and classroom-style.
To view a list of courses and register visit Alliant’s Continuing Education website.
Alliant International University Continuing Education is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alliant International University maintains responsibility for its program and content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) to provide continuing education for LPCCs, MFTs and LCSWs (provider #PCE234)
- The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) to provide continuing education for nurses (provider #CEP11235)
To find out which classes are required for your licensure renewal or initial licensure, please visit the appropriate Board website:
- California Board of Psychology
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- California Board of Registered Nursing
Interested in Teaching a CE Course
Here is a more detailed description of what we need for a potential course:
New course proposals are submitted to an advisory committee on a rotating basis for review and must meet the following basic criteria:
- Courses must be pertinent to the theory, practice, and methodology of psychology; must be taught at the post-doctoral level; and must enable a psychologist to provide better psychological care to the consumer
- Materials submitted must clearly demonstrate how the course meets these requirements.
All proposal packets submitted for review must include the following information:
Description of Content
A brief abstract describing the content and the intent of the workshop. This description should clearly address the basic criteria listed above. Please indicate if/how this course addresses the theory, practice and methodology pertaining to your topic. Please also indicate three areas in which this course extends knowledge beyond a pre-doctoral level of training on your topic.
Course Goals and Objectives
A list of the benefits that attendees will gain from participating in the workshop. Please list a minimum of three learning goals/objectives that will enhance the practice of psychologists who attend this CE workshop.
A detailed syllabus with an hour-by-hour time outline of workshop activities, breaks, lunch, etc. This outline should identify exactly what will be covered in the presentation and how much time will be spent on each item. For presentations 6 hours and over, you may include two 15-minute breaks in your total instructional time; one break for presentations less than 6 hours.
Each presenter’s complete CV.
This is a means for participants to gauge what they have learned from the presentation. It can take the form of multiple-choice questions, true/false, short answer, etc. It is best to have one post-test question per hour of instruction.
Supplemental Information (optional)
Marketing and Promotions
Please include a bulleted list of schools and/or organizations for which you have presented this topic within the last two years, along with the approximate the number of paid attendees in each of these workshops. Additionally, in order to more appropriately promote your program, we kindly ask that you share your mailing list (if applicable) with Alliant CE for a one-time usage.
We encourage all proposals and related questions are forwarded electronically to Eric Melendez, Co-Director of Continuing Education: email@example.com.
You may also mail your materials to Eric Melendez, Continuing Education, One Beach Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94133. We can also be reached by phone at 800-457-1273.
Please allow at least one month for course review and approval.