Welcome to Alliant | Admissions Review Process
Students from around the world are welcome at Alliant International University. We offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow through curriculum specifically designed to cross cultural and national boundaries. At Alliant, we understand how important it is to feel prepared to fully embrace your professional life after graduation and we are here to support you.
Alliant International University has six campus locations in California (click here to see what programs are offered at specific campus locations). California’s relaxed and welcoming lifestyle and promise of a world class education make Alliant a great choice for international students.
Alliant International University has achieved the highest level of accreditation available in the United States; WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the same agency under which other prestigious California and western U.S. schools are accredited such as Stanford, USC and UCLA. Learn more about our accreditation.
Get Help in Your Country
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department’s network of more than 400 advising centers in 170 countries designed to help local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. These centers can also help prepare you for your Visa Interview and the Visa Process. Find your local EducationUSA center by visiting the EducationUSA website.
Alliant International University Admissions Process
To process your application promptly and begin the process of admission, it is important that you provide all required documents as an international student. This will ensure that you have time to schedule and attend your Visa interview at your local Consulate.
Please check the following list to make sure you have included everything needed for your enrollment:
- A completed application. (linked to application)
- Transcripts submitted for evaluation for all High School and Colleges attended. (Requirements by country)
- Minimum Grade Point Average varies by program and can be found here.
- English Proficiency Test – International Students whose native language is not English or who have not received their education in English as the medium of instruction will need to submit an official test score from one of the following: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson’s Test of English, Cambridge.
Minimum Test Score Required
- If your scores do not meet Alliant’s minimum requirements, we encourage you to explore The Duolingo EnglishTest which provides fast and accessible English language certification, available 24/7 from virtually anywhere in the world. The exams feature computerized-adaptive testing, meaning the exam questions will automatically adapt to each test-takers’ ability, generating a different set of questions for every exam. Duolingo English Test scores are significantly correlated with the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), providing reliable results at a fraction of the cost ($49), while the online, at-home format increases convenience for test-takers.
- Financial Certification Forms will be provided to you by your Admissions Counselor. The US Immigration Department requires you show proof of Financial Ability to cover one academic year of expenses before an acceptance decision can be made. Scholarships may offset a portion of your expenses.
Learn more about Required Documentation for International Admissions.
Alliant reserves the right to require further certification of finances or advance payment of tuition and fees from students whose funds originate in countries where severe currency restrictions exist.
For questions or additional information, contact our office at 866-U-ALLIANT (866-825-5426).
Health Care and Insurance
Federal and state laws require that international students maintain adequate health insurance while attending Alliant International University. While many other countries bear the expense of health care for their residents, individuals in the United States are responsible for these expenses themselves. A single day of hospitalization can cost thousands of dollars. A good insurance policy gives you access to excellent medical facilities and provides protection against the enormous costs of health care in the U.S.
All international students are required to obtain health insurance coverage during their tenure at Alliant.
To fulfill this requirement, students must purchase a health insurance policy that meets all US Immigration insurance requirements for F-1 and J-1 students. The provisions are listed below:
- Effective throughout the semester and renewable for continuous coverage
- Minimum dollar coverage of $100,000 per illness or injury
- Include outpatient care (doctor visits, outpatient surgery, etc.)
- Include hospitalization
- Repatriation for at least $25,000
- Medical evacuation for at least $50,000
- Cost of deductible, if any, does not exceed $500 per accident or illness
While Alliant University does not recommend any international student health insurance company, international students have found comparable coverage with these market-offered agencies:
Please direct any questions you may have regarding health insurance coverage to the International Student Services Office, your campus DSO or Student Advisor. (add email and phone number with international code)
Alliant is proud to offer Study Abroad Programs in Europe, Latin America and China through its vast network of international partnerships. Learn more about our University Partners here.
International Students have numerous housing options in the San Diego area and we encourage you to explore all that San Diego has to offer! Learn more here.