Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
Academic Year 1
- PSY60510 - Data Analysis, Research Design and Program Evaluation (3 units)
- PSY61230 - Cultural Diversity Training (1 unit)
- PSY65010 - Intellectual Assessment (3 units) *
- PSY65200 - Introduction to Psychotherapy (2 units) *
- PSY65230 - Advanced Psychopathology (3 units) *
- PSY65300A - Introduction to Ethical Practice and Law (1 unit)
- PSY60520 - Data Analysis, Research Design and Program Evaluation (3 units)
- PSY61242 - Cultural Diversity Training (2 units)
- PSY64500 - Theories of Personality and Psychotherapy (2 units) *
- PSY65050 - Personality Assessment: (3 units) *
- PSY65710 - Clinical PsyD First-Year Practicum (1 unit)
- PSY71123 - History & Systems of Psychology (3 units)
- PSY61093 - Human Development/Lifespan (3 units)
- PSY65060 - Personality Assessment: (3 units) *
Academic Year 2
- PSY61050 - Biological Aspects of Behavior (3 units)
- PSY75710 - Second Year Clinical Practicum (2 units)
- PSY79113 - PsyD Proposal Development (3 units)
- PSY75460 - Cognitive Behavioral Approaches to Interventions (2 units)
- Elective (3 units)
- PSY61013 - Cognitive & Affective Bases of Behavior (3 units)
- PSY75720 - Second Year Clinical Practicum (2 units)
- PSY79123 - PsyD Proposal Development (3 units)
- PSY75470 - Psychodynamic Approaches to Intervention (2 units)
- Elective (3 units)
- PSY61123 - Social Basis of Behavior (2 to 3 units) - take for 3 units
- PSY85680 - Education, Consultation and Advocacy (2 units)
Academic Year 3
- PSY85091 - Supervision Seminar (1 unit)
- PSY80150 - Clinical Administration and Practice Management (2 units)
- PSY85770 - Third Year Clinical Practicum (2 units)
- PSY89130 - PsyD Clinical Dissertation (3 units)
- PSY75490 - Group Psychotherapy (2 units)
- Elective (3 units)
- PSY85102 - Supervision Seminar (2 units)
- PSY85780 - Third Year Clinical Practicum (2 units)
- PSY89143 - PsyD Clinical Dissertation (3 units)
- PSY75660 - Ethical Foundations of Clinical Practice (2 units)
- PSY75480 - Systems Approaches to Interventions (2 units)
- Elective (2 units)
Academic Year 4
- PSY95310 - Full-Time Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology (11 units)
- PSY95320 - Full-Time Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology (11 units)
- PSY95330 - Full-Time Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology (8 units)
^First year students attend a required, non-credit Professional Development seminar on a weekly basis during the fall and spring semesters of the G1 year. These meetings continue the facilitation of professional development with presentations on topics that include academic advisement and course selection, career-relevant activities such as preparing a CV, attending professional conferences, publishing and presenting research, applying for grants, defending dissertation proposals, plagiarism, etc.
*PSY65200, PSY65230, PSY64500, PSY65010, PSY65050 and PSY65060 also require weekly participation in a one to two hour lab (scheduled separately).
First year students participate in a reciprocal learning experience with a third year student, who has been assigned by the Supervision Seminar instructors. The first year student meets with the faculty instructors of the Supervision Seminar class during the fall semester to accomplish the match of first and third year students. During the second semester, the matched supervisor-supervisee meet weekly to examine clinical material as an adjunct to the supervision provided by the first year student’s field placement agency.
Online Course Limits: Several courses are offered online. Students may complete up to ten units of electives that meet program requirements in an online/distributed learning format. No other courses may be taken online.
Course Expectations: The Western Association of Schools and Colleges expects students to engage in at least three hours of work outside of the classroom for every hour they spend in the classroom. This means a faculty member has a right to expect students to engage in at least 12 hours of work per week for each 3-unit course. Students and faculty should also note that an outside assignment is required for all 1-unit courses in order to ensure compliance with WASC standards.
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.