Curriculum Plan (2020-2021)
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Counseling Theories
- Professional Counseling Orientation, Law and Ethics
- Counseling Skills and Techniques (with Lab)
- Multicultural Counseling and Techniques (with Lab)
- Group Counseling Theories and Techniques (with Lab)
- Lifespan Development
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Chemical Dependence and Addiction Issues
- Psychopathology, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Crisis, Trauma and Emergency Response Issues in Counseling
- Counseling Research Methods and Program Evaluation
- Couple and Family Counseling
- Sexuality and Sex Therapy
- Clinical Counseling Practicum
- Career Development Theories and Techniques
- Assessment in Clinical Counseling
- Clinical Counseling Internship
- Elective Coursework
*In addition to the core curriculum, students will take 6 units in selective coursework in a concentration area.
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.