Curriculum Plan (2020-2021)
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- TESOL Theory and Methodology
- Design, Development and Evaluation of Programs for Second Language Learners
- Cultural, Social and Political Issues of Second Language Teaching
- Second Language Assessment
- Research in Second Language Acquisition and Applied Linguistics
- Research Design
- TESOL Field Project
- Second Language Program Administration
- Seminar: Current Topics in TESOL
- Qualitative Research Methods (2 courses)
- Advanced Linguistics for TESOL
- Dissertation Plan
- Dissertation Proposal
- Dissertation Preparation
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.