Curriculum Plan (2020-2021)
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Life Span Development
- History of School Supportive Services and Social Psychology in Educational Settings
- Practicum (4 courses in total)
- School Safety, Violence Prevention, Crisis Intervention
- Methodology of Educational Research
- Multicultural Children, Adolescents and Their Families
- Behavior Management in the Classroom
- Family, School and Community Collaboration
- Career Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Consultation, Program Development, and Evaluation
- Group Counseling, Leadership, and Intervention
- Curriculum Instruction and Academic Accommodation and Modification Intervention
- School Counseling: Professional Roles: Comprehensive Exam
- Field Work/Internship (4 courses in total)*
*The course(s) indicated are core curriculum, assessment and/or internship courses not eligible for transfer credit.
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.