Curriculum Plan (2021 – 2022)
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
Credential in Education Specialist Instruction, Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Professional Learning and Practice
- Special Education Foundations: The Learner and the Learning Environment
- Educational Technology
- Content Knowledge and Instructional Practice I: Elementary Methods
- Clinical Practice I: Planning
- Content Knowledge and Instructional Practice II: Literacy Pedagogy
- Clinical Practice II: Teaching and Learning
- Content Knowledge and Instructional Practice III: Teaching English Learners
- Clinical Practice III: Assessment
- Content Knowledge and Instructional Practice IV: Differentiated Learning
- Clinical Practice IV: Reflection and Professional Responsibility
Masters of Arts in Education: Education Specialist with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential (two additional courses)
Introduction to Research
- Research in Action: Communities of Practice
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.
At Alliant, our mission is to prepare students for professional careers of service and leadership and to promote the discovery and application of knowledge to improve lives. We offer an education that is accredited, focused on practical knowledge and skills, connected with diverse faculty and alumni, and aimed at the student experience.
CSOE offers a variety of degrees, certificates, and credentials in education that prepare you to make a lasting difference through teaching, counseling, leadership, advocacy, administration, management, and community work. Whether you’re looking for an online degree program or an in-person learning experience for your higher education, we are here to guide you every step of the way.