The Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree program, offered through the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant, teaches undergraduate students about the current practices and needs of the helping professions. Our goal is to provide students with a solid scientific foundation of study in preparation for entry into the helping professions or for advanced study in psychology and/or related fields.
This innovative psychology degree program includes comprehensive courses, integrative learning and hands-on experience through field placements. Curriculum is designed to train students to effectively address the complexities and changing needs of our community as individuals address the challenging ecological, socio-cultural and lifespan issues confronting them today. The Bachelor’s in Psychology program prepares students to make a positive and lasting contribution.
The Bachelor’s in Psychology degree program is offered in San Diego by the California School of Professional Psychology.
Fast-Track Your Master’s in Psychology
In the field of psychology, holding an advanced degree opens many doors to additional career opportunities. With Alliant’s undergraduate psychology program, you will be perfectly poised to earn a Master’s in Psychology through the school’s Fast-Track Master’s degree programs. Students in the Bachelor’s in Psychology program who meet the necessary requirements will have the option to enroll in one of Alliant’s Fast-Track graduate degree programs. Students can select between three programs.
- Fast-Track Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Fast-Track Master of Arts in Organizational Psychology
- Fast-Track Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling
Students who select a Fast-Track program will spend the last semester of their senior year taking “bridge courses” – upper-level psychology courses that count toward both the completion of their Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree.
To learn more about the Fast-Track programs, click on the links above to explore each degree more in-depth. Not sure if you want to pursue a Master’s degree yet? No worries – you don’t have to decide until your senior year, allowing you plenty of time to explore future career possibilities and make your decision.
A Bachelor’s in Psychology can help you find a career in in the helping professions, which includes such jobs as:
- Peer Counselors
- Mental Health Technicians
- Substance Abuse Counselors
- Psychiatric Technicians
Students who decide to pursue further study at the graduate level may be interested in working as licensed professional counselors, social workers, couple and family therapists, clinical psychologists and other related professionals.
Why Enroll in our Bachelor’s in Psychology Program?
- Quality of Faculty: Our undergraduate psychology faculty are professional, accessible, responsive and supportive of students’ academic and professional development.
- Program Size and Atmosphere: Small class sizes mean students are known by their name and not just a number. Our diverse student body includes students from various backgrounds, ages, countries and experiences.
- Integrated Community Field Placements: A balance between students’ coursework and real-world, hands-on experiences enhances their ability to integrate the skills they learn in the classroom to the community. Learn more about professional training and field placement opportunities.
- Curriculum: The undergraduate psychology curriculum has been designed to follow the American Psychological Association recommended goals and learning outcomes for undergraduate psychology majors. The curriculum emphasizes individual uniqueness, diversity, complexity and achievement, while enhancing knowledge and building upon the scientific discipline and profession of psychology.
- Cost and Convenience of Schedule: Comparable cost to public and private institutions. Evening and online courses, which allow busy students of all schedules the flexibility of earning their degree at their own pace.
Get Started Today!
Interested in learning more about our Bachelor’s in Psychology degree? Contact us today, and we’ll put you in touch with one of our admissions counselors. Fill out the Request Information form to your right, Live Chat us, or give us a call at 1-866-UALLIANT (1-866-825-5426).