A Historic and Affordable Law School
Since 1909, The San Francisco Law School has provided quality legal education to a diverse student body—many of whom also work full-time and have family responsibilities while earning their law degree, the Juris Doctorate.
As the oldest evening law school in the western United States, San Francisco Law School is one of the first law schools to be accredited by the State Bar of California and has had continuous accreditation since 1937.
Students at San Francisco Law School are instructed in all subjects tested on the California Bar Examination.
Accommodating Course Schedule
San Francisco Law School offers an evening part-time legal program (JD).
The part-time law school program in the Bay Area spans four years with classes held four nights a week – Mondays through Thursdays. Moot Court, Bar Examination preparation classes, and other courses are offered in the summer. Electives are also often offered on the weekend.
Campus locations include:
Diverse Law School in a Diverse Community
- San Francisco Law School is committed to delivering a quality legal education and creating equal opportunity for legal students in California.
- With an inclusive culture and continuous commitment to diversity, San Francisco Law School was one of the first in California to actively seek out and enroll women and minority students.
- San Francisco Law School’s student body welcomes diversity and represents many different professions and aspirations.
Learn From a Faculty of Practicing Attorneys and Judges
- San Francisco Law School has a proud tradition of a faculty comprised of practicing attorneys and judges, allowing them to bring realistic considerations into the classroom.
- Students have access to clinical fieldwork and internships in which to gain professional exposure while in law school.
Study at an Affordable Law School in the Bay Area
- San Francisco Law School strives to maintain an affordable legal program.
- Financial aid and scholarship assistance is available for qualifying law students.
- San Francisco Law School is easily accessible to those who work and live in San Francisco and the Bay Area, as well as in and around San Diego County.
San Francisco Law School is now accepting applications for Summer and Fall start dates.
Further explore the San Francisco Law School, its J.D. degree, and how to advance your career as an attorney by contacting an Admissions Counselor today at 1-866-825-5426.