About San Francisco Law School
For over 100 years, San Francisco Law School has been providing a quality legal education to a diverse student body - many of whom also work and have family responsibilities while attending earning their law degree, the juris doctorate.
In the Fall Semester 2011, San Francisco Law School will be initiating a full time legal program (JD) to complement its existing evening part time program.
The full time program is three years and the part time program spans four years with classes held four nights a week – Mondays through Thursdays. Moot Court, Bar Skills courses, and some other courses are offered in the summer. Electives are often offered on the weekend.
Students at San Francisco Law School are instructed in all subjects tested on the
California Bar Examination.
As the oldest evening law school in the western United States, San Francisco Law School
- Was incorporated in 1909
- Is one of the first law schools to be accredited by the State Bar of California, and
has enjoyed continuous accreditation since 1937
San Francisco Law School is committed to delivering a quality legal education and creating opportunity for legal students in California.
- With an inclusive culture and continuous commitment to diversity, San Francisco Law School was one of the first in California to actively seek out and enroll women and minority students.
- Many students at San Francisco Law School are the first in their family to seek a graduate degree.
- San Francisco Law School’s student body welcomes diversity and represents many different
professions and aspirations.
Learn From A Faculty of Practicing Attorneys and Judges
- San Francisco Law School has a proud tradition of a faculty of practicing attorneys and judges which allow them to bring realistic considerations into the classroom.
- Students have access to clinical fieldwork and internships in which to gain professional exposure while in law school.
- San Francisco Law School curriculum is focused around the application of law to changing
situations - as is encountered by the actual attorney client relationship.
Study at San Francisco’s Most Affordable Law School
- San Francisco Law School strives to maintain an affordable legal program.
- Financial aid and scholarship assistance is available for qualifying law students
- San Francisco Law School is easily accessible to those who work and live in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
“A law degree can make a difference in your life and the lives of others”