Curriculum Plan (2022 – 2023)
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Science of Social Work
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Public Welfare Policy
- Foundation of Social Work Practice I
- Field Seminar and Practicum I
- Social Work and Addiction
- Foundation of Social Work Research
- Social Justice and Inclusive Social Work Practice
- Foundation of Social Work Practice II
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Mental Health Conditions
- Crisis and Trauma in Social Work
- Advanced Social Work Practice III
- Advanced Social Policy and Social Justice
- Advanced Social Work Practice IV
- Field Seminar and Practicum II
- Advanced Social Work Research
- Integrative Seminar (3 units)
- Field Seminar and Practicum III
- An elective course can be taken in fall or spring semester
A note about the program:
Alliant International University is currently in Pre-Candidacy for Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education's Commission on Accreditation.
Pre-Candidacy for a baccalaureate or master's social work program by the Council on Social Work Education's Commission on Accreditation indicates that it has submitted an application to be reviewed for Candidacy and had its Benchmark I approved in draft form to move forward with Candidacy review within one year. A program that has attained Pre-Candidacy has not yet been reviewed by the Commission on Accreditation or been verified to be in compliance with the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
Students who enter programs in Pre-Candidacy that attain Candidacy in the academic year in which they begin their program of study will be retroactively recognized as having graduated from a CSWE-accredited program once the program attains Initial Accreditation. The Candidacy Process is typically a three-year process and there is no guarantee that a program in Pre-Candidacy will eventually attain Candidacy or Initial Accreditation.
Candidacy by the Council on Social Work Education's Commission on Accreditation applies to all locations and delivery methods of an accredited program. Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.