Advance Your Career with an Online Master’s in Education with Teaching Emphasis Degree
Alliant’s online Master of Arts in Education with Teaching emphasis is designed for teachers, teacher trainers and other instructional providers to both improve classroom teaching skills and increase career potential. Effective and affordable, our program is offered fully online to support the needs of working practitioners requiring flexible scheduling and convenience.
Alliant’s online Master’s degree in Education allows educators to dig deep into assignments at their own pace while still participating in a learning cohort of fellow teaching professionals through online discussion forums and other assignments. Alliant’s expert Master’s in Education faculty offers students individualized attention and evaluation while making themselves readily available for student questions and guidance.
Learn the Latest in Teaching Best Practices
The course of study in our M.A. in Education program is specifically designed for teachers in any setting—schools, businesses, military, service professionals, the tech industry, government—and may be customized to best complement a teacher’s practice, goals and experience. Upon completion of the program, graduates of our online Master’s in Education degree program should be able to demonstrate exceptional capacity in:
- Designing lesson plans, programs and educational learning communities
- Applying the latest and greatest research and theory in pedagogy and instruction
- Assessment of educational programs and planning to evaluate effectiveness
- Utilizing and embedding technology in teaching delivery and curriculum development
- Integrating multicultural understanding and support into teaching and instruction to create culturally responsive classrooms
- 100% online master’s in education program
- Requires on-ground component for program completion
- 30 units
- Full- and part-time study options
- Fall, Spring and Summer admission
- Program completion in as few as 12 months
- Supportive cohort structure and individualized attention from faculty
- No special software or technical skills required – just your computer and Internet connection
- Flexible schedule (access classes anytime, anywhere there’s an Internet connection)
- Classes are readily available – no “impacted” courses to delay completing your degree
- Teacher credentialing coursework units may transfer into program
Earn Your California Teaching Credential Along with Your Online Master’s of Education
Alliant offers a dual Master’s in Teaching/Preliminary California Teaching Credential program that allows students to earn both simultaneously. Alliant’s teaching credential programs all offered online, with student teaching/intern teaching placements and on-the-ground support through a field supervisor and mentor offered in the Irvine, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco Bay areas. Choose your teaching credential of interest to learn more:
- Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Mild-Moderate Disabilities)
Admissions Requirements and When to Apply
When to Apply
Admission is granted each Fall, Spring, and Summer semester on a priority and rolling admissions basis. Qualified applicants will continue to be accepted up until a semester’s start date provided that space remains available.
However, we do encourage prospective students to apply as early as possible to achieve the following: secure program position and desired start date; make sure all required testing may be completed in time; and receive full consideration for all possible scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
- Admissions interview with program director
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 2-4 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience in teaching or working with children and adolescents, and/or within K-12 schools
- Official undergraduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university (degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- $65 application fee
- International students: Please review Alliant’s additional admission requirements for international applicants
Embrace Your Future in Education
Alliant’s online Master’s of Arts in Education with Teaching emphasis is designed for educators seeking to improve their classroom teaching skills and career potential while maintaining their already-busy schedules.
To learn more, please contact an admissions counselor today or call 1-866-825-5426.