ASDA Authorization for California Special Education Teachers
Alliant offers a convenient and affordable program which enables you to earn a recommendation for the Autism Spectrum Disorders Added (ASDA) Authorization Certificate as a California special education instructor. This ASDA Authorization program is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and satisfies all CCTC requirements.
The ASDA online autism certificate program includes four courses and is designed to be completed in 16-weeks. Students take two courses in each of two eight-week terms.
- 8 units | 4 courses
- Convenient hybrid format for working professionals
- Eight-week term format with courses running year-round
- Highly-qualified and experienced faculty
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
In this online hybrid format program, the first course is held in person over two days, with the rest of the courses delivered online. The initial on-campus course is offered in:
Eight-week terms, courses run year-round
Student Learning Outcomes
The ASDA Authorization program prepares students to:
- Identify the unique characteristics of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Demonstrate unique knowledge of cognition and neurology and the core challenges associated with language and communication, social skills, behavior, and processing and their implications for program planning and service delivery
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to become proficient in implementing evidence-based and multi-faceted methodologies and strategies necessary in teaching and engaging students with ASD from acquisition through generalization
- Teach students with ASD be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate as a member of a multidisciplinary team with all service providers and effectively interact with families
Get Started Today!
To learn more about the Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization Certificate online hybrid program, contact an Alliant admissions counselor today or call 1-866-825-5426.