Transition to a School Psychology Career in K-12 Schools
The Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential in School Psychology program is designed for those individuals with a master’s degree in an education, psychology, or counseling field and wish to pursue a career as a practicing California school psychologist.
Our PPS Credential in School Psychology program allows candidates to receive transfer credit for designated courses within the School Psychology curriculum by submitting evidence of previously and successfully completed graduate course equivalents. Interested candidates should contact Admissions to complete and submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.
In addition to completing assessment courses and other core courses specific to the practice of School Psychology, candidates complete applied learning experiences through practicum hours at approved school sites. The program culminates in a required 1,200-hour PPS Credential internship. All coursework and a comprehensive examination must be completed prior to beginning the internship.
- Minimum 27 units of core curriculum + 10 units of PPS credential internship. Total number of units will vary dependent upon each candidate’s academic graduate record and course equivalents.
- Maximum of 450 practicum hours. Total practicum hours will vary dependent upon each candidate’s approved course waivers
- 1,200 PPS Credential internship hours
- Online hybrid classes designed for working adults
- Low student-to-faculty ratio mean students receive individualized academic attention.
- No GRE requirement
- Fast-track your doctoral degree. Students in the PPS Credential program have the option to apply for early admission to Alliant’s PsyD in Educational Psychology program, allowing for completion of the credential program and doctorate in as few as five years.
Online Hybrid Locations
Our PPS Credential in School Psychology program is an online hybrid program with on-ground component required for program completion through our California campuses in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Irvine, and Fresno.
Transfer Graduate Credit Evaluation
Interested in finding out how your prior graduate units may transfer into our program? Call us at 1-866-825-5426 or complete the request for information form at the top of this page.
Earn Your Master’s in School Psychology
This credential program results only in the award of a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) approved PPS credential in School Psychology. It does not result in a master’s degree. For those interested in becoming a school psychologist and who need to first earn their master’s, we encourage you to check out our Master’s in School Psychology with PPS Credential program.
Get Started Today!
Take the first step toward a rewarding career in school psychology today. To learn more about our PPS Credential in School Psychology, fill out the Request Information form at the top of this page, Live Chat with us, or give us a call at 1-866-825-5426.