Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential in School Psychology | Credential Only Program | San Francisco, San Diego, Irvine and Los Angeles, California
EARN A PPS CREDENTIAL AND BEGIN A CAREER IN K-12 SCHOOLS AS AN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST
The Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential in School Psychology program is designed for those individuals with a master's degree in an education, psychology or counseling field and who wish to pursue a career as a practicing California school psychologist.
This credential program in school psychology results only in the award of a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) approved PPS credential in school psychology. It does not result in a master’s degree.
The PPS Credential in School Psychology program allows candidates to receive transfer credit for designated courses within the School Psychology curriculum by submitting evidence of the candidate's previously and successfully completed graduate course equivalents. Interested candidates should complete and submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.
In addition to completing assessment courses and other core courses specific to the practice of school psychology, candidates complete applied learning experiences through practicum hours at approved school sites.
The program culminates in a required 1200-hour PPS Credential internship. All coursework and a comprehensive examination must be completed prior to beginning the internship.
PPS CREDENTIAL IN SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Minimum 20 units of core curriculum + 10 units of PPS credential internship. Total number of units will vary dependent upon each candidate’s academic graduate record and course equivalents.
- Maximum of 450 practicum hours – Total practicum hours will vary dependent upon each candidate’s approved course waivers
- 1200 PPS Credential internship hours
- Late afternoon, evening and/or weekend classes for working adults
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- No GRE requirement
- Option to apply for early admission to Alliant's PsyD in Educational Psychology program, allowing for completion of the credential program and doctorate in as few as five years
- Four California locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, Irvine and San Francisco
- Fall (review application deadlines and our rolling admissions policy on our admissions page)
- Application - Apply now online
- Master's degree in an approved field, such as marriage and family therapy, counseling psychology, special education or another discipline related to education, psychology or counseling (subject to program director approval)
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 2-4 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience working with children and adolescents
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university (degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- $65 application fee
- International students are not eligible for admission to the credential-only program
The following are not admission requirements, but they are required at different points during the program:
- Clear TB (tuberculosis) verification prior to beginning practicum hours
- Certificate of Clearance (fingerprinting) prior to beginning practicum hours
- Passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) prior to completion of program's first year
- Professional liability insurance during internship semesters (available at a discount for student members of NASP)
- Passing score on the national school psychology (PRAXIS II) examination prior to completion of internship
TRANSFER CREDIT EVALUATION
Interested in finding out how your prior graduate units may transfer into our program? Complete our Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. To request the form and to get answers to any questions regarding possible coursework transfer or process, please complete the request for information form below or email us.
EARN YOUR PPS CREDENTIAL IN SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY FROM AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY
Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The Pupil Personnel Services Credential is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
- Apply Now Online
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Curriculum and Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- School Psychology Program Faculty
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION - ONLINE OR ON-CAMPUS!
- April 15, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- April 22, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Irvine Campus | Register Now
- March 11, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- May 19, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Francisco Campus | Register Now
- May 20, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- June 16, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- June 17, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Los Angeles Campus | Register Now
- June 18, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Irvine Campus | Register Now
- July 15, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- July 21, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Francisco Campus | Register Now
- August 5, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Irvine Campus | Register Now
- August 6, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Los Angeles Campus | Register Now
- August 12, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION