Make a Difference as a California School Psychologist

The Master’s in School Psychology online hybrid degree program is for candidates who wish to become a school psychologist in California working with children and adolescents in pre-K-12 schools. Embedded within the program is the Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) credential that is required for employment as a school psychologist within California school districts.

Alliant’s hybrid online Master’s in School Psychology degree program prepares professionals who are committed to service and advocacy. During the program, candidates will learn how to help students and families cope with a variety of emotional, social and academic challenges, including language and cultural barriers, substance abuse, violence, victimization, and learning or behavioral disorders.

Why Earn a Master’s in School Psychology at Alliant?

  • Program is designed for full-time professionals to earn their degree.
  • Low student-to-faculty ratio and small class sizes mean students receive individualized academic attention.
  • No GRE requirement.
  • Transition seamlessly into a doctorate program. Students in the Master’s program can apply for advanced standing in Alliant’s PsyD in Educational Psychology program, allowing you to earn both your Master’s and your PsyD in just five years.
  • Ability to earn a master’s in school psychology online in a hybrid format through our virtual classrooms, which promote student-to-teacher and student-to-student interaction and provide the ability to fit students’ already busy schedules.

Online School Psychology Hybrid Program Locations

This is an online hybrid program with coursework offered online and with required residency and internship through the following Alliant campuses:

Earn a PsyD in Educational Psychology In Just Two Additional Years

Students who are interested in continuing their education beyond the Master’s may seek admission to the PsyD in Educational Psychology during their second year in the program. Doctoral-level coursework would begin after completion of year two of the program and continue concurrently with the third-year, 1200-hour PPS credential internship. Candidates then complete the doctoral coursework and research project during years four and five, allowing for completion of the Master’s in School Psychology with PPS credential and the PsyD in five years.

School Psychology PPS Credential-Only Program

If you wish to become a school psychologist and already hold a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling Psychology, Special Education or another related field, you may be eligible for Alliant’s Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential-only program in School Psychology.

Get Started Today!

Take the first step toward a earning your Master’s in School Psychology online in a hybrid format today. To learn more about this program, call 1-866-825-5426 or contact us for more information.