An EdD Is Your Path to Career Advancement
Alliant’s online Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Management (EdD) program prepares professionals qualified for a lifelong path of executive leadership and educational administration in K–12 schools, community colleges and universities, as well as in the government, international and business sectors. In addition to professional preparation and excellence, our educational leadership program alumni are passionate about making a difference in education, in our communities and in our futures.
To best offer a curriculum that is both grounded in and relevant to professional practice, candidates are encouraged to focus projects, readings, coursework and research on specific areas of interest that are most meaningful to their work and professional goals. Whether seeking to advance within the university and community college sector, the Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Management Online Program is designed to develop professional expertise.
Doctoral candidates who complete the program master the following fundamental success factors and learning outcomes in educational administration:
- Lead change in educational organizations in a diverse and global society
- Understand the philosophical and social underpinnings of world educational systems, multiculturalism and futuristic educational trends and developments
- Evaluate the political, societal, economic, legal and cultural influence on learning organizations
- Demonstrate and articulate effective theories and principles of teaching and leading adults learners
- Model personal and professional ethics, integrity, justice and fairness
- Evaluate and design research that addresses educational issues
Alliant’s Educational Leadership Doctoral Program’s online format allows busy, working adults to learn and advance with greater flexibility.
- Online format
- 61 units
- Full program completion in approximately three years
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Dissertation model focused on educational theory and current applicable research particularly attuned to the needs of diverse populations.
- Ability to develop a special emphasis area of study
- Course topic areas include:
- Multicultural and global educational trends and practice
- Curriculum theory and ethical issues
- Organizational and governance practices
- Higher education finance
- Business and human resources
- Students and personnel services
- Applied technology
- Research practices and methods
- Each term includes two 8-week sessions: Fall, Spring, and Summer
Review application deadlines and our rolling admissions policy on our admissions page.
- A master’s degree
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 5-7 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university(degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- $65 application fee
- International students: Please click here to review additional admission requirements.
When to Apply
Admission is granted on a rolling admissions basis. Qualified applicants will continue to be accepted up until a term’s start date provided that space remains available.
However, we do encourage prospective students to apply as early as possible to secure your position within the program and to receive full consideration for all possible scholarships, and financial aid opportunities.
Become a Leader in Education
We are excited for, and proud of, each of our online EdD Educational Leadership and Management Program graduates, as they are equipped with the ability to make real change in our education systems from both a micro and macro perspective.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, how the online doctoral program works, and how this degree can help you make a difference in education, contact an Alliant admissions counselor today at 1-866-825-5426.