Educational Leadership and Management Doctoral Degree Program | Doctor of Education (EdD) | San Diego, California and Online/Hybrid Learning Options
A DOCTORATE IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IS YOUR PATH TO CAREER ADVANCEMENT AND PROFESSIONAL IMPACT
Alliant's Doctorate program in Educational Leadership and Management prepares professionals qualified for a lifelong path of executive leadership and educational administration in K–12 schools, community colleges and universities, as well as in the government, international and business sectors. In addition to professional preparation and excellence, our educational leadership program alumni are passionate about making a difference in education, in our communities and in our futures.
To best offer a curriculum that is both grounded in and relevant to professional practice, candidates are encouraged to focus projects, readings, coursework and research on specific areas of interest that are most meaningful to their work and professional goals. Whether seeking a career in K-12 administration or looking to advance within the university and community college sector, the doctorate in Educational Leadership and Management program may be adapted to best meet candidates' needs.
Doctoral candidates who complete the program master the following fundamental success factors and learning outcomes in educational administration:
- Lead change in educational organizations in a diverse and global society
- Understand the philosophical and social underpinnings of world educational systems, multiculturalism and futuristic educational trends and developments
- Evaluate the political, societal, economic, legal and cultural influence on learning organizations
- Demonstrate and articulate effective theories and principles of teaching and leading adults learners
- Model personal and professional ethics, integrity, justice and fairness
- Evaluate and design research that addresses educational issues
CHOOSE A HYBRID DOCTORAL PROGRAM IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP - ONLINE COURSES WITH EXECUTIVE SEMINARS IN SAN DIEGO
Alliant's educational administration doctoral degree program offers candidates a unique instructional model blending online course delivery with executive weekend seminars twice each semester in San Diego. The format allows busy working adults to learn and advance with greater flexibility, while still providing the opportunity to develop a valuable and sustainable network of professional colleagues. Candidates further benefit and distinguish themselves by Alliant's unique and dedicated focus on multiculturalism and diversity in education - an increasingly vital perspective in today's educational landscape.
DOCTORATE IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Online format with weekend seminars in San Diego, California (on-campus room and board for students who reside outside the San Diego metropolitan area is provided dependent upon room availability)
- 61 units
- A cohort model with admission each Fall semester
- Full program completion in approximately three years
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Dissertation model focused on educational theory and current applicable research particularly attuned to the needs of diverse populations.
- Ability to develop a special emphasis area of study
- Trimester format with Fall, Spring and Summer terms
- Course topic areas include:
- Multicultural and global educational trends and practice
- Curriculum theory and ethical issues
- Organizational and governance practices
- Higher education finance
- Business and human resources
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Students and personnel services
- Applied technology
- Research practices and methods
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALLIANT'S LIFETIME EXPERIENCE CREDIT FOR PROFESSIONALS WITH FIVE
OR MORE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Applicants with five or more years of professional experience in educational leadership and administration (P-12 or higher education) may be eligible to receive course credit toward degree completion. To receive credit, candidates must successfully demonstrate and validate professional expertise in a designated curriculum/course domain. Please review our Lifetime Experience Credit Policy and Request form (PDF).
Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. (Download Adobe Reader)
- A master's degree in an education-related field is preferred
- Application - Apply now online
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 5-7 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university(degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- $65 application fee
- International students: Please click here to review additional admission requirements.
WHEN TO APPLY
Admission is granted each Fall semester on a rolling admissions basis. Qualified applicants will continue to be accepted up until a semester's start date provided that space remains available.
However, we do encourage prospective students to apply as early as possible to secure your position within the program and to receive full consideration for all possible scholarships, Lifetime Experience Credit, and financial aid opportunities.
|Term||Priority Deadline||Rolling Admissions Deadline/Term Start
|Fall 2015||April 1||August 31|
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION - ONLINE OR ON-CAMPUS!
- April 15, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- May 13, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- June 16, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- July 1, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- August 12, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
EARN YOUR EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT DOCTORATE FROM AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY
Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Apply Now Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Curriculum and Course Descriptions
- Educational Leadership and Management Faculty
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION