Virtual learning, teacher preparation, charter schools, blended learning
Dr. Pancer is experienced in both business and educational leadership, and served as the Vice President of Education for many companies, as well as a public school principal and founder of a preschool. Most recently she founded an online K-12 school–a free public charter school that uses the Internet to connect teachers with students who study at home. Dr. Pancer's background includes 20 years of designing educational software, and working with schools around the country to make technology integral to both teaching and learning. She is fascinated with all types of technologies, and all levels of learners, from preschoolers who use digital cameras to record a science project such as potatoes sprouting or guppies giving birth, to high school students who use the Internet to help explorers climb Mt. Everest, or help scientists find the keys to longevity in Okinawa. Dr. Pancer is especially interested in projects that connect students with adults or other children who share their interests and passions for learning, but who do not share the same location, culture, or even language.
- California Administrative Services Credential (Principal, administrator)
- Designed and wrote curriculum guides and assessment for national competition in ten high school subject areas.
- Designed mathematics tools to complement textbook series. Designed and produced mathematics game that included 2000 items for middle schoolers.
- Designed and wrote application-based Algebra I and Algebra II courses for use in technical colleges.
- Designed and wrote K-8 mathematics course for their Personal Training product.
- Conducted market and software acquisitions research for geography products.
- Designed ClassWorks, an integrated learning system covering language arts and mathematics, winner of the Technology and Learning Curriculum of the Year 1999 award. Designed scope and sequence and assessment strategy. Supervised content quality at Knowledge Adventure's development shop in Boston.
- Wrote Teacher's Activities Guides for science, math, social studies and ancient history CD-ROM products.
- California life teaching credential (Teacher)
- Ed.D., Computer Education
- M.A., Educational Psychology
- B.A., Multiple Subject
- Tapestry Emerging Literacy (40 computer-based lessons with assessment, reporting and management system),
- Tapestry Early Childhood (26 computer-based lessons with assessment, reporting and management system),
- Take Home Computer (PreK-6, 600 computer-based lessons with assessment, reporting and management system),
- Tapestry Early Childhood - Spanish (26 computer-based lessons with assessment, reporting and management system),
- Primary Word Processor for Children (computer-based, graphical writing tool for children),
- Basic Learning System Mathematics (K-8, 750 computer-based lessons with assessment, reporting and management system),
- Basic Learning System Language Arts (K-8, 800 computer-based lessons with assessment, reporting and management system),
- Summer Productions - Designed Internet e-school for children based on "real stuff" from the natural world.