Clinical Psychopharmacology Postdoctoral MS Program
NEXT PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY COHORT STARTS JANUARY 2016
FOLLOW THE LEADER
In 1998, the California School of Professional Psychology established the nation’s first Postdoctoral Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology, and we have maintained that leadership position ever since. Over 500 psychologists in 40 states have graduated from or are currently enrolled in our program, which integrates medication and its management in the biopsychosocial treatment of mental disorders.
WHY EVERY PSYCHOLOGIST NEEDS THIS TRAINING
The program prepares licensed psychologists to prescribe safely and effectively in states and Federal jurisdictions where they have prescriptive authority. What if you don’t practice in a state with that authority? There are several compelling reasons to study psychopharmacology:
- To improve your practice
- To better answer patient questions about medication
- To collaborate with your patients’ primary care physician in prescriptive treatment of mental disorders
- To support the movement to gain prescription authority.
MAKING PROGRESS, GATHERING SPEED
The trend to integrate biological and psychological treatments has made great strides and is gathering momentum.
- New Mexico, Louisiana and Guam now grant prescriptive authority to psychologists.
- The federal government authorizes psychologists to prescribe in an increasing number of settings, including the Department of Defense and the Indian Health Service.
- There is significant progress in other states and federal agencies.
EARN YOUR DEGREE AT HOME ON WEEKENDS
Perfectly tailored to active practitioners, the Clinical Psychopharmacology MS is fully online. Attend class anywhere you have a DSL or cable Internet connection. We deliver content and communicate through two online platforms:
- Elluminate, which brings students and instructor together in real time using video and audio capabilities.
- Moodle, an e-Education platform on which course materials such as presentation slides, instructors’ class notes, exam study guides, take-home exams and readings are posted for access before, during and after each class.
SAMPLE ONE COURSE FOR CREDIT
Most courses earn APA-approved* Continuing Education credit. If you’re not sure if you're ready for the Master's program, the first course in the new cohort, Clinical Biochemistry, may be taken as a stand-alone CE course through Alliant's Continuing Education Division. Psychologists who take this course and pass the exam may transfer the course into the Master of Science program for academic credit, and tuition paid for the course will be applied to the tuition for the degree program. You may pursue this option and register for this CE class directly on the CE website.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Explore the Clinical Psychopharmacology Postdoctoral MS Program in more detail in the university catalog.
Data tables and graduation rates are available for national cohorts of the CSPP Clinical Psychopharmacology Postdoctoral MS Program at Alliant International University. To receive a copy of this data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.