Doctor of Psychology in Organization Development (PsyD) Curriculum Plan
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Introduction to Scholar-Practitioner Model
- Organization Theory & Systems
- Organizational Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Cultural Diversity in Organizations
- Research Design
- Organizational Change & Development
- Advanced Seminar in Organizational Studies 1 + 2
- Conflict Management
- Globalization & International Organizational Development
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Field Placement in Organizational Studies (2 required courses in total)
- Applied Dissertation Study 1 + 2
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Sustainability & Organizational Systems
- Principles & Practice of Consultation
- Organizational Consulting Skill Development
- Coaching and Mentoring Skill Development
- Organizational Engagement
- Group Processes & Team Interventions
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.